JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi guys,

I've never hunted for an Elk in the lower-48 states. What is involved, and where should I go?

How do I get started? Have I missed all the tag draws for this year?

As an Oregon resident, am I allowed to hunt in Central Washington? I almost always nearly run straight into them all over the road out there :)

Thanks for the help,
Chris

yes, the permit draws are done. You can still buy an over the counter tag if you want. Yes, you can hunt in Central Washington after you buy a Washington state NON RESIDENT license and tag for about 500.00. Oh, but it is spike only there, unless you have drawn a big bull tag.

As for what is involved, it is a lot of hard work, followed up by more hard work. Then it gets really rough once you get one down. As for where you should go you need to contact the local wildlife biologist, buy some quality maps, get some idea of the lay of the land, and start pounding shoe leather hiking and scouting.

Good luck. elk hunting is a blast, but not for the faint of heart, or weak of muscle, lol.

Well the first and foremost is do you have hunter safety. If you are born after Jan 1972 you need a class for WA. Another important thing is since you are an OR resident you are going to pay out the a?? for a non-resident tag so if money is no object than go for western WA. Talk to others who have hunted, get videos, join a club and most important be safe. Good luck.

Scott

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads