JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
New guy here. Was referred by a friend. Looking to buy my first handgun for the house. Won't be concealed carry, gotta have a manual safety switch, and 9mm for cheaper practice ammo. Any suggestions? Hoping to learn a lot here. Anything helps:)

the best thing to do is check out any gun stores or shows and pick any and all 9mm you will find some will feel really :s0154:
and some will feel pretty good only a few will feel really good. you have then thinned the selection down quite a bit then you get to decide by price (keep in mind what your and you family's life is worth and also divide how long you think you will be keeping the gun)
so a $1000 gun divided by say 15 years = $66 a yr. (easy sell to the wife) and don't forget to get some training more training and more training. not to mention the legal aspect for using the gun in the home which will be incorporated into your gun training. pm me if you have anymore questions.

There are probably (at least) 100 handguns that meet your criteria. Maybe 1000.

I suggest you go to a shop, and pick one that YOU like the feel of. You might also want to go with a friend that owns a handgun to a place that you can rent one, several in the area, and pick one that way.

The first 9mm I ever bought was a Tuarus 24/7 pro ds. Still have it. Works very well. Was what felt good in my hand (thank you Gunbroker-Clackamas for being patient with me), had the features I wanted, and was in the price range I could live with.
Always had wheel guns before that, except for our beloved .22 Ruger MKII.
I own an FN FNX 9mm now, but the Tuarus is a great little pistol. I guess if you get a lemon from them it can be bad, but the one I have has been stellar.

Any who, good luck with your search, and welcome to the forum :)

Edit.. Oknow beat me to most of it :)

Welcome. If you want to try something before buying, a few ranges in the area rent. Some will require you to bring a firearm with you even if you aren't going to use it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top