Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Newbie with Greetings!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Vodoun da Vinci, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Vodoun da Vinci

Vodoun da Vinci Moline, Illinois Member

Hello, my name is Vodoun da Vinci and I am from the US Midwest. Moline, Illinois to be precise. I stumbled on this site looking for recent discussion online revolving around the Colt's 1903 Model M and the most recent discussion I could come across was on this site. :D

It's nice to be here and I hope to give as well as receive relevent information about firearms in general and handguns specifically.

Illinois, the last state in the union to allow concealed carry, has finally passed a law by which we can carry concealed here. I am an avid shooter from years ago but have not been active or even to a range for over 7 years. I have picked it up again as of last weekend at an indoor range. I'm gonna try and get my concealed carry permit when it is possible and intend to shoot at least once a month as we have to pass a 16 hour course as well as proficiency test to gain our CCW.

Wish me luck and thanks in advance friends!

Vodoun da Vinci
    aka: VooDoo

2. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Welcome and good luck.

3. Vodoun da Vinci

Thanks Drew!! :)

VooDoo

4. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

Don't tell us that's your real name? :p

5. Vodoun da Vinci

Of course it is....:cool:

It's my web presence name...I use it as I moderate on a flightsim forum and learned long ago to be careful about who gets my real name. :laugh:

VooDoo

6. MilitantBEEMER

MilitantBEEMER Eugene Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

Welcome to the forum VooDoo! I was born and raised in the QCA. Good to see others on here from my old stomping grounds.

7. Vodoun da Vinci

Sweet! Pleased to meet 'cha!

VooDoo

8. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

My name is Blitz, nice to meet ya :cool:

9. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Welcome aboard!

10. mwest7575

mwest7575 Salt Lake City, UT New Member

Glad to have ya VooDoo

11. fredball

fredball Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard:thumbup:

12. Vodoun da Vinci

Primarily a hand gunner who has been out of the habit for some years but has recently revived my interest in shooting I am on the lookout for an online forum to learn and share - to be informed, nurtured and stay in tune of what's going on in the firearm world. I came here because a thread on the Colt 1903 Model M was the most current on the 'Net and this pistol is very dear to me.

Been here a couple weeks now and I'm really put off by a number of things but mostly the lack of courtesy on this board and the predominance of unqualified "bully" style responses and general lack of community spirit and nurturing of being a firearm enthusiast and lover of all things firearm.

I think I'll keep looking for a firearms/handgun forum that suits me and my interests and ideas. Mostly it has been fun but this forum isn't really for folks like me...

Thanks for putting up with me in my brief time on the forum. But wading thru and bunch of mean, angry, opinionated, and useless posturing posts to get an ounce of useful information is not really what I had in mind.

See ya...and good luck! :cool:

Vodoun da Vinci

13. MilitantBEEMER

MilitantBEEMER Eugene Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

Voodoo

Sorry you had such a negative experience here. Unfortunately over the last year or so the attitudes of some on here have been less than desirable. Sign of the times I guess, people are miserable in there own lives And do there best to share that misery with the rest of us. Anyway hope to see u around here again in the future.

MilitantBEEMER