JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys. I'm exactly 30 days away from picking up my CPL here in Seattle. I'd like to start learning about the gun show scene here in WA. I've always bought from shops because of the lack of CPL. Google revealed Washington Arms Collectors (members only) and Falcon Productions, but little in the way of describing what types of guns are usually seen there, or even how big the shows are.

I was hoping for a quick rundown of the available shows in WA; maybe something like 'Name of show: primary types of firearms: website'. Of course, any additional tips are appreciated.

I'd really appreciate it if you guys who know the scene could save me some time on the internet, not to mention wasting Saturdays on shows everyone else knows to avoid.:p

Thanks!

Washington Arms Collectors is the main show in the Puget Sound Area with 2 locations to go to (pretty much alternate months). The Puyallup is the larger one located at the Puyallup Fairgrounds. The Monroe show is just smaller but is also more geared a bit towards cowboy shooters.

http://www.washingtonarmscollectors.org/

What you'll find is everything under the sun. From ammo to gear and of course all different guns - new, used and customed to the "T."

To purchase you do have to become a member of WAC - you can find the how and how much online. Membership allows for you to go to shows for free and purchase guns. You do not have to be a member to purchase items that is not a firearm. So, ammo and other gear you can buy - you just pay the entrance fee.

As for getting a deal at a show? You really need to know what you want and what you are willing to pay for it. You may find a bargain but again you may do better at a local gunshop. All depends on what you are looking for and again how much you want to pay. If you have no idea - I would really suggest you take some time and look over your local area gunshops before you go - this way you can get a handle of what a good price for a gun you want.

Last Edited:
Thanks for the info. From your response, and from clicking around on other forums, it sounds like the gun shows here in WA are bigger than the pretty small ones I used to go to in California.

I guess I'll be joining WA Arms Collectors in exactly 29 days! :D

I'm a recent college grad, so up til now my collection has been comprised of economy guns (mossberg 12 pump, ruger 10/22). I recently just purchased two new rimfire guns (ruger 22/45, henry h001t), but now I'd like to step up to centerfire pistols. Thinking either a wheelgun in 357/38 or a semiauto in 9mm or 40.

So many choices!:)

Just to make sure you know that the shows are Saturday and Sunday. The Saturday shows are usually really crowded. If you want to avoid the crowds try an early Sunday time. You'll be amazed how more room you'll have to look at all the stuff.

For the local tables they may also be more willing to bargain their goods so they can get rid of it.

Yes, the shows are pretty large up here but I really don't have too much to compare. It'll take you a few hours to go through the Puyallup show.

Take your time and remember we all started off somewhere. Good to have you join the forum and enjoy shooting.

The Puyallup show is pretty large. I was specifically looking for 1911s and maybe found 4 total. I did purchase one later that day at a local gun shop. I saw many rifles, shotguns, black guns, knives, parts. The other gun I was after, the guy had three NIB and he was too proud of them, wanting $400 above going rate.

I'll be shoulder to shoulder with everyone else on Saturday. I'll be the guy in the black shirt :cool:

Those who had 9mm ammo at the show, I had seen as high as $35/box of 50! Dude in the back corner had some for $20/box, was the lowest I found. But there were less people there than normal. I was glad to see some of the AR prices come down.

ZeroRing, you never stopped to say Hi? Just kidney punch me next time, and I'll know it was you. Still wearing the black shirt :s0112:

Those who had 9mm ammo at the show, I had seen as high as $35/box of 50! Dude in the back corner had some for $20/box, was the lowest I found. But there were less people there than normal. I was glad to see some of the AR prices come down.

ZeroRing, you never stopped to say Hi? Just kidney punch me next time, and I'll know it was you. Still wearing the black shirt :s0112:

I wanted to come but I ended up spending 12 hours pressure washing the roof instead. Fun times! :s0114: :s0114: :s0114:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top