Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Newbie question

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Midnightfenrir, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Midnightfenrir

Midnightfenrir Seattle WA New Member

How much would it cost to have a FFL do a transfer to another person in another state? also what is the timeframe or it?

sorry for the stupid question.

2. Kevinkris

Kevinkris Aloha Well-Known Member

its not really a question that can be answered accurately by anyone here, unless they are an FFL dealer. youll have to do some shopping around locally for your end and have the other person do the same. all places have different prices and shipping can vary as well. my guess would be $20-$100 for the BGC plus shipping which could be similar.

3. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Keizer / Hillsboro Well-Known Member

You don't have to use a FFL to ship a firearm to a FFL holder in another state. If you do use one, I'd expect to pay between $40 to $60.

4. nwhoundog

nwhoundog oregon New Member

Impossible to know,I would say call the gun dealer you want to do the deal through and he should have a pretty good idea:)

5. EUGENE the REALTOR

EUGENE the REALTOR Portland Metro Bronze Vendor Bronze Vendor

My FFL will ship for $25 (USPS medium flat rate box) plus insurance. I would just call around and get prices...

6. Morpheus

Morpheus Columbia Gorge Anyway, back on the farm.

Basically call around to as many dealers near you as you have time to call. Then go with whoever is cheapest. While someone mentioned that you can ship to an FFL without coming from an FFL. Often times FFLs won't accept firearms not shipped via an FFL.

The range is far and wide on cost.

7. BoonDocks36

BoonDocks36 Oregon, in the boondocks Christian. Conservative. Male.

I bought from out of State, from an FFL dealer, his shipping was free for me, I paid the FFL in Eugene, to recieve it, "book it in" and hand it to me, that is a complete cycle of a gun transfer.

If I read your OP, you want to sell to a person in another state? In this day of BATFE,IOU,XYZ and who knows hatever else they will be called by the time you read this,

I strongly urge you to ship From an FFL, to an FFL, for your friend to recieve it at least check out BATFE website for such occurances, ask a dealer, OR Three "what gives" in a situation like that...

HTH,
    philip,
    In the Boondocks

8. 2Wheels4Ever

2Wheels4Ever Portland Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer

The majority of FFL dealers will not accept a shipment from a non-FFL holder. I just shipped a gun and it was $35 to transfer to my ffl, $25 to ship to other parties ffl and an additional $40 to transfer from Other ffl to the purchaser. Total was $100.