JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have unique in the stable. I didn't really care for unique, it seemed dirty in the calibers I tried it in. It didn't measure all that well being a flake powder. But I still keep a couple #s, or so, around....because its,,,:rolleyes:,,,,Unique!

I'm inheriting a can of older Unique from my shooting buddy that passed. Not sure what I will use it in. I tried it many years ago and found it to be a dirty powder. Some people I know only used two powders... Unique and Bullseye. And I've read that the newer formulations are cleaner.

I'm inheriting a can of older Unique from my shooting buddy that passed. Not sure what I will use it in. I tried it many years ago and found it to be a dirty powder. Some people I know only used two powders... Unique and Bullseye. And I've read that the newer formulations are cleaner.

I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing that as Unique is used in 9mm and .38 and magnum loads and rifle loads even, that it probably burns cleaner in rounds that develop a higher pressure like magnum loads. Something like HS6 which is a dog in lower pressure rounds like .38 special and .45 ACP, there's loads in the books for those. But it excels in full length, higher pressure rounds, like 9mm and .40.

Thank you everyone for the input! Greatly appreciate all the information and links! I pulled out my book and have been Working a couple different load to see what shoots best in my glock. And ruger. Will be firing the rounds i have done a try. And also did a few worked up close to the speer recipe for unique with 5.2 and 5.4 grains with the col of 1.112. I also did a few at 5.2 with a 1.100 that matches some factory ammo i have. So i guess i will see how it goes. Going to try and get a couple more combos and see what works the best. Get to go test them all out either this weekend or the following.. Unfortunately i dont have a chrono to see what fps im looking at but ill be able to at least gauge what is going to be accurate

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top