JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I no almost nothing about supressors or how to get them. I do know that because I'm in Washington I cant use it here but can own it. I have a newly bought walther p22 I'd like to surpress tho. What do I need? Is one of those addapters and the can all I need? And how do I go about getting my tax stamp? Can I buy it in oregon? Or do I need to find a washington dealer? I would love to get in on one of these group buys, but not sure if I can. Any thing you can do to help is appreciated.

I hope you don't plan on USING it in WA because that's illegal (for now). And, since you can't use one here why go to the trouble of owning one??

Just curious.

Me, too. A group of us legal investigators are trying to get the Washington Senate to pass a couple of bills to help us with database access, and the process is really slow and difficult to communicate with the Senators, and this is for something as simple as records access.

Makes me think of what it'd be like to try to get them to help us change the suppressor laws. Oy.

Anyway SWW, why don't you get into the Advertisers section of the forum, and PM the class III dealers there?

You'll be talking with people who surely know the Oregon laws, at least, and they should be able to speed up your quest by quite a bit.

I just wan't one. Could always take it to oregon to use.

Just so you know, anytime you take a Class III item across a border of a state you have to notify the ATF. So if you do buy it and then use it to oregon, notify the ATF each time you bring it down or you could be in BIG trouble.

As far as getting one, you need to find a Class III dealer. Then you buy the suppressor you want, you fill out the paperwork (I did a revocable trust free through Wades Gun Shop in Bellevue,WA or Discount Gun Sales)

You also go to the bank and get a $200 Money order or Cashiers check for the ATF, and give it to them when doing the paperwork. They send the paperwork & check in for you.

You sit back and wait forever.. at least 6 weeks probably allot longer at this point in time, after it comes back approved you get to pick up the suppressor and drive to Oregon or Idaho to use it:s0155:

If HB 1604 passes, we get to use them here.
Read more here;http://www.northwestfirearms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3250

Just so you know, anytime you take a Class III item across a border of a state you have to notify the ATF. So if you do buy it and then use it to oregon, notify the ATF each time you bring it down or you could be in BIG trouble.

That only applies to Short barreled weapons destructive devices and machine guns, does not apply to silencers or AOW's look at the "interstate movement" at the bottom of the back of your form 4. They will approve the 5320.20 if you send it in but it's not necessary

I no almost nothing about supressors or how to get them. I do know that because I'm in Washington I cant use it here but can own it. I have a newly bought walther p22 I'd like to surpress tho. What do I need? Is one of those addapters and the can all I need? And how do I go about getting my tax stamp? Can I buy it in oregon? Or do I need to find a washington dealer? I would love to get in on one of these group buys, but not sure if I can. Any thing you can do to help is appreciated.

I am a dealer in Vancouver. If you need any help, feel free to call.
.22 suppressor is $200-$400

Tax stamp on your Form 4is $200

Transfer fee is $50

I have an adapter in stock for $45. At least your P22 can look cooler till you get a can on it.:s0114:

My Card:
www.OrtweinIntl.com

Up here in Canada we aren't even allowed to think about owning a suppressor. You guys are damn lucky with the things you can own down there. I wonder why the big deal with suppressors. You'd think with all the complaining about the noise at ranges from neighbour's and greenies about our "impact" on the "nature" around the ranges, that it would be a requirement that we suppress. Heck from a Health and Safety perspective it make's sense if we suppress for the sake of our own hearing.:s0114:

Up here in Canada we aren't even allowed to think about owning a suppressor. You guys are damn lucky with the things you can own down there. I wonder why the big deal with suppressors. You'd think with all the complaining about the noise at ranges from neighbour's and greenies about our "impact" on the "nature" around the ranges, that it would be a requirement that we suppress. Heck from a Health and Safety perspective it make's sense if we suppress for the sake of our own hearing.:s0114:

That's the way they see it in a lot of european countries - some don't even restrict them at all (just the guns... it's europe after all...).

For some reason it seems that legislators on this side of the atlantic are convinced that cans are assassin's tools that must be very tightly controlled if allowed at all...:confused:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top