JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys! I'm new to both the state and the site.

I just got out of the Air Force last month, and moved here to be with my wife (who is also in the AF). I spent the last 4 years in TX, and while there I got into handguns and rifles a bit. I only own 2 firearms now, a Taurus 24/7 45ACP (first firearm I bought, probably would have gone a different route knowing what I know now); and when the AR15 craze was peaking, I snagged one at a heck of a price at the time (fearing they'd get banned).

Not really sure what all I should say. I like cars, guns and beer. 'MERICA! :gun21::s0043::s0160: lol

Right now I'm in the market to buy a good concealed carry handgun, leaning towards a S&W M&P 40. Just applied last week for my concealed carry license.

If there's anything you guys wanna know, just ask! :s0155:

Most indoor ranges require membership at a certain level to shoot rifles. I used to go to the Federal Way Discount GUns and Indoor Range until I got my AR. They want me to get a $400/yr membership to shoot it. So I did a little google research and found the Tacoma Sportsmans Club.I think nonmember rate just went up to $15/person for firearm ranges, but that covers all day use of both pistol and rifle ranges, no restrictions, if it's legal, you can shoot it. It's also bigger, targets from 25yd out to 200, and they have a steel plate at about 180yd thats fun to shoot. Membership for them is $125 initial, then $100/yr after, but after that first year you can reduce dues by volunteering at the range. They also have an archery range and a couple hunter courses you can walk, and a shotgun skeet range. Staff there is very friendly and helpful too. Hope this helps :)

When I was shooting there I recall they had a 600 yard rifle range but in the last decade LOTS of housing developments have sprung up. I enjoyed the year I was in the area and didn't shoot as much as I'd have liked to but back then my dues were 100 and 80 as I recall. Good folks and good range.

Brutus Out

Wow! That sounds like a better deal! Thanks for the tip, it was helpful! My wife wants a shotgun and I'd like to expand my collection eventually. It's definitely a bit more expensive here than Texas. I think my membership for the shooting range I went to was $20 a year LOL

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top