Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Newbie in Portland.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by usmc0311, Feb 3, 2009.

1. usmc0311

usmc0311 Portland Member

Hi all, I am about a year and a half into my stay in Oregon, and pretty much plan on staying for the long haul. Grew up in Oklahoma where i hunted and fished avidly (whitetail, quail, pheasant, turkey), but kinda got away from it due to a stint in the Marines. Stayed in Southern California for a few years after that, and now here I am.

Basically, trying to get back into the outdoor life. It's been about 10 years since I've hunted seriously, mainly because there isn't much to shoot in San Diego. Hoping to meet some folks that can point me in the right direction for the big game Oregon has to offer. Also maybe find a fishing buddy or two.

Also like to go out and shoot my .45, and looking to get my CC permit soon.

2. sweetbeard

sweetbeard Beavertown OreGUN! New Member

As a former Marine from Sandiego WELCOME!

Getting your CCW is pretty darn easy, It has taken about 3 hours of my time for the class and fingerprints.

3. Scrammer

Scrammer SW Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Greetings from SW Washington.
    Semper Fi.

4. fingolfen

fingolfen Oregon Member

Welcome!!! :thumbup:

5. swoop

swoop Milwaukie, Oregon Well-Known Member

Welcome grunt, stood on those yellow foot prints at MCRD myself a couple wars ago. :thumbup:

6. usmc0311

usmc0311 Portland Member

Thanks all! Geez, I can't remember the last time I thought about the footprints. Granted, it sounds like I was on 'em sooner than you, swoop, but still...

It's also nice to know there are quite a few devil dogs up here in the NW!

7. Sawdust

Sawdust Bull Mountain(Tigard), OR Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

FYI If any of your training shows that you qualified or specifically trained with a handgun while in service you will be able to bypass the class requirment for a CHL. I did this same thing in Washington county.

Welcome aboard.

8. usmc0311

usmc0311 Portland Member

that's good to know. I will definitely look into it!

9. Shadow

Shadow Conyers, Georgia, United States Member

Welcome to the site and welcome to Oregon. I've been here for just over 2 years myself.

FYI, you'll want to go to Vancouver and get the CC permit for Washington state, too. No reciprocity between the two states.