JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You seem to be a long way from home, but welcome anyhow. I'm also a long way from home, over here in England...

Please tell us nosey people a little about yourself - if you feel comfortable doing that, right?

Due to the way society is getting i figured it was time to prepare. I have never been around guns, so I am taking courses so i become familiar with all aspects of them. I havent bought one yet but I'm leaning towards the Walther CCP M2. Everything i have read makes me think this is a good starter pistol. Easy recoil and grip for smaller hands. I'm wondering if a laser wouldnt help with accuracy lol. Any suggestions ?

Welcome to forum...!

As far as firearm choice...
I would suggest that , if you can , try out as many firearms that you can / catch your eye etc....
To see what fits you and your shooting style the best for you.

In regards to a laser...
Lots of folks like 'em....
I would suggest , learning with the handgun's issued sights / iron sights , before getting a laser or any other sighting device.
Andy

Due to the way society is getting i figured it was time to prepare. I have never been around guns, so I am taking courses so i become familiar with all aspects of them. I havent bought one yet but I'm leaning towards the Walther CCP M2. Everything i have read makes me think this is a good starter pistol. Easy recoil and grip for smaller hands. I'm wondering if a laser wouldnt help with accuracy lol. Any suggestions ?

First, learn to shoot, THEN you can add the doo-dads. You have admitted that you know nothing yet - so why make an already complex subject even more complicated than it is?

Find a professional trainer. Not someone who says they'll take you out to the range and try to impress you with their largest gun or mag-dump rapid firing display. But someone who is focused and attentive to actually teaching new gun owners to master their firearms. In addition to firearms skills begin reading up on situational awareness and other soft skills to recognize dangerous situations so that you can avoid them or ideally have time to let the police handle it.

An example is installing better door strike plates and long screws so that it takes a burglar longer to finish breaking in. If it takes that criminal more than a couple minutes, and forces him to make much noise in the process, they'll likely run away or still be there when the police arrive. In some cities that might not apply because response times are long.

Always remember that personal protection does not start and end with a gun. It is multi layered; some mental capabilities and some physical measures.

Welcome to forum...!

As far as firearm choice...
I would suggest that , if you can , try out as many firearms that you can / catch your eye etc....
To see what fits you and your shooting style the best for you.

In regards to a laser...
Lots of folks like 'em....
I would suggest , learning with the handgun's issued sights / iron sights , before getting a laser or any other sighting device.
Andy

Thank you! There are a couple of locations that allow people to fire different guns. Im hoping the sales people will help me out. Being new to it all, im not sure how it is suppose to feel or what a good reaction would be ;) i will look more into that Thank you!

I am signed up for a beginner's course, i know the instructor he is amazing and patient. He started a women's only class due to demand. I wont own a gun of any sort until i feel in ready lol. I'm more dangerous uneducated and useing one

Also consider when, where and how you will store your gun, and when you continue buying, guns. Everyone has a different situation and needs to make their own decision.

I do not support a government dictate on how people live their lives.

Gun owners should, in my opinion, consider what type of storage is best for them. Do visitors or children come over, do you leave a loaded gun on your nightstand but lock it up in the morning when you leave for work, is a fireproof safe important, etc. For any guns which get banned but grandfathered a fire proof safe makes sense because once destroyed they cannot be replaced.

Deansafe has nationwide shipping included in most of their safe and lockbox sales. If you are a military veteran or first responder look at ExpertVoice and GovX.

Walther makes great pistols! I have the Walther creed 9mm and like you said it's super easy to shoot and maintain/clean. A laser won't necessarily help with your accuracy of you're new to shooting. I would focus on learning how to shoot without a laser first. A good upgrade would be to either get some tritium night sights or a red dot!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top