JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello Everyone!

I am female, and very happily married to my soul-mate. We live in Central Oregon, and love it here.

My Family has been very active in the Military (Father, Uncle - Decorated Pilot WWII, my Brother-who is now a LEO in AL, and my Nephew) for which, I am so proud, and deeply honored, to be a part of these Men who have proudly served our Country!

We have no children, except our 2-legged parrots 6, and 4-dogs, and our last elderly cat.

I have never been a gun owner, although have always believed in our 2nd Amendment Rights. The climate has been changing for a very long time, and now I feel compelled to purchase a firearm, or two.

That's it for me/us,

Thanks, ShortInOR

Yeah, I'd say be careful about what you buy and for how much. There's a lot of items out there which have jumped dramatically in asking price but there is also still a lot of good deals out there too. I would say, if you aren't sure about something, post questions to the board. This is a great group and the majority will attempt to help you so you get what you want and not get it at an inflated rate.

Welcome to NWFA.

A good resource is often the local police department or sheriff's office.

Get to know a local LEO and you will have a good contact on many topics. Since your brother is already in LE you have an advantage most folks do not. Many departments have officers that have FFL licenses or know of a good local source for firearms. There are always LEO that are selling one firearm to fund the purchase of a new toy, or the unfortunate divorce.

Welcome from your central Oregon neighbor in Redmond. Depending on where you are located Lost creek Armory in Bend is a great place to go. The guys there are very friendly and knowledgeable. Big r in Redmond as well. As was said before, be wary of what you pay now a days. There is a lot of mark up at the moment.

Shane

Rotty: Did ya see the part that said "elderly"? Hehe... He is one cool cat...even cat haters like him, no joke! He'll be 14 this summer sooo not sure how much longer we'll have him.

Thanks to everyone else for your Welcomes! Much appreciated!

I presume the inflated prices are on the guns the President wants banned (larger than 10 bullet clips, AR-15 type stuff?

Yes, Thank you much neighbor, I live pretty close to Big R.

Oh, and I would like to buy a Rifle on book - registered, but want something else unregistered. 15 years ago I wouldn't have had a problem with registering anything I got. The climate feels too unstable to me, so I feel as though I need to buy one off book, does that make any sense?

Suggestions for me? On types? I'm 4'10, have a lazy eye - and need some serious practice, as my "middle" is not everyone else's! Heh

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top