JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Greetings,

Met some fine folks at the recent Expo gunshow this last weekend who turned me onto this site.

Longtime competitor (DCM, Blackpowder) and now an owner of an Armalite M-15NMA2. Owned a Colt SP1 years ago so all is familiar.

Looking for someone in the area who has a Leupold Mk4 scope

<broken link removed>

that I might look through to see if I actually want to drop a lot of money to purchase one! I'm a little old school in that I tend towards a little higher end products and purchase once rather than reinvent the wheel.

Thanks in advance for any interests or responses. Am also fairly active in the blackpowder (traditional) community around here and have built several flintlocks over the years.

Haven't had a chance to try it yet. Picked up some BlackHills 68gr match ammo this weekend and have some pet loads from a few years back with the SP1. The Armalite is worlds better quality-wise than the SP1 and the match trigger is a treat.

Am planning both DCM shoots (reduced course) and "retrofitting" with Harris swivel bipod and scope (of some sort) for playing at the longrange game. That said, I know the .223 has it's limits, which is why I'm looking at a Rem 700 milspec R5 ss in the future. I don't consider myself one of the 'tactical' crowd but am always fascinated with practical longrange shooting. I also just can't do the longrange M-1/03-A3 open sight stuff anymore and am gravitating towards glass.

Yeah an R5 barrel on a 700 makes a pretty awesome long range gun. Yeah I have never seen anyone that has a M-15, ive always been curious about them, since I love the quality of my AR10

I can tell you that the lock-up between upper and lower is not as nice as a Rock River Arms DCM rifle, but loads better than Bushies, Colts, Olympic Arms, and most of the oddballs I see. That said, it may or may not be a shooter. This weekend at Clark Rifles/Vancouver will tell me!

I like the freefloat tube but notice the A2 lower doesn't have a heat shield so am at a loss as to mounting a bipod (still looking for the mystical 'sling swivel stud' mount-the sling swivel is mounted to the float tube and not the barrel). The Harris HB5 mount that attaches to the A2 lower at the least requires the heatshield for strength in that area, at the worst doesn't seem too strong anyway.

I own several bushwhackers in different configurations but never had an issue with fit up or loading issues. I have build a couple of Varmint rigs off the Bushmaster upper receivers using Dan Lilja match barrels. These barrels in my opinion are one of the most accurate barrels made. They are of bench rest quality and the two AR variants with his 27" SS barrels with a 1 in 12 twist shooting 50 and 55 grain Nosler ballistic tips wreaked pure death to PDs, Sage Rats and other rodents beyond 450 yards. My best long range shot with these rifles in New Mexico was 550 yards.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top