JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello all!

New member posting from Beaverton.

I was born and raised in Portland and am darn glad to not be living there anymore. I got lucky and moved out a few years ago, just as 'Defund the Police' was happening and before crime spiked heavily. I'll probably need to get out of this area at some point, but at least Washington County has made an effort to not end up like Multnomah County...for now.

I've been interested in firearms for a number of years, but never made the push to actually get into buying one and start shooting. Then Joey B. 'won' an election and I decided to go for it. I bought a S&W M&P M2.0 9mm compact. I'm not a fan of the model naming that S&W uses, but I do like the gun itself quite a bit. My wife also bought a S&W EZ 9mm that fits her quite well.

In September of this year, with measure 114 looming, I decided that I needed an AR15. It is America's Rifle, after all. I had been eyeing an Aero Precision build for some time so I bought an M4E1 complete lower and an AR15 complete upper with 16" mid length barrel, along with a Breach CH and Aero nitride BCG. Aero build complete. I didn't build it, but it's still a build, right? I also have a LaRue 2 stage trigger that should be here later this week to finish things off.

As a last ditch effort to pad my collection before 114 hopefully doesn't pass, but in case it does...I ordered a Diamondback Sidekick, because I've wanted a .22 revolver for some time. I'm probably around 5 days out from being able to pick it up. I already have a bit of .22LR and .22WMR on hand to feed it.

My wife and I dropped our ballots off this afternoon at the Washington County Elections Office drop box in Hillsboro since we were in the area. I figured that voting as late as possible without relying on the USPS was the way to go. In case it wasn't clear, we both definitely voted NO on 114.

Anyway, I don't remember exactly how I found these forums, but I've been lurking for a couple weeks now and finally got around to making an account. You all seem like a good bunch, from what I've seen so far. Thanks for existing!

-Chad

Welcome, neighbor.
1667876830482.png

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

We are doing non ODF supported cleanups at public forests - check the North Fork Wolf Creek Road thread in resources.

If you really want to get involved in community action check out Trash No Land.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top