Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Newbie from a spot very close to Oregon City

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by RifleEnthusiast, Jan 14, 2012.

1. RifleEnthusiast

RifleEnthusiast Close to Oregon City Active Member

Hello forum members. I am glad to have stumbled across the forums and find nearby fellow firearm enthusiasts.
    I am newly starting rifle shooting. Previously, (many many years ago) I used to do 10m competition air pistol shooting.
    I am the proud owner of a new S&W M&P 15-22 MOE and am itching to start playing with it.
    I intend to join Tri-County gun club next month.
    If someone wants to go out shooting sometime, feel free to PM me :) Am always up for some fun and competition.

2. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Welcome. Heard good things about those rifles.

3. RifleEnthusiast

Yep, everyone pretty much agrees that it's the best semi-auto tacticool .22. Body is polymer, feels sturdy, but a little light if you are a fan of rifles that have a little weight to them.

4. Benihaus

Benihaus Portland American

welcome to a great forum from a fellow newbie! The 15-22 is a great little gun, will shoot just about anything with pretty good reliablity (aside from Rem gold) I have the Pistol version and Im looking for a used rifle version atm. Look into JCGC for a closer range.. Tri county rules but at $150 per year and a $30 new member fee Jcgc is a smokin deal (not to mention its pretty close to you) Pistol range but .22 rifles are ok.
    Cheers!

5. RifleEnthusiast

Agree, Tri county (now) will cost something like $235 (hence next month on the new pay check :)) However, Tri county is $120/year regular price, $10/month is not bad at all for what they offer. I am hoping that at some point (hopefully by end of summer) I will get into long range shooting and they seem to be the only club with the long ranges.

6. 19 Adam

19 Adam rural Clackamas County, Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I think Douglas Ridge, just outside Estacada, is accepting new members and they have some very long ranges. They have a 1000 yard range as one of the long ranges. They have a website: Douglas Ridge Rifle Club

7. RifleEnthusiast

Oh Douglas seems to have a great reputation for the facilities and the skills of people who shoot there, but it's a bit far for me to swing there in a spur of the moment after work when I feel like unwinding.