Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Newbie from a spot very close to Oregon City

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by RifleEnthusiast, Jan 14, 2012.

1. RifleEnthusiast

RifleEnthusiast Close to Oregon City Active Member

Hello forum members. I am glad to have stumbled across the forums and find nearby fellow firearm enthusiasts.
    I am newly starting rifle shooting. Previously, (many many years ago) I used to do 10m competition air pistol shooting.
    I am the proud owner of a new S&W M&P 15-22 MOE and am itching to start playing with it.
    I intend to join Tri-County gun club next month.
    If someone wants to go out shooting sometime, feel free to PM me :) Am always up for some fun and competition.

2. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Welcome. Heard good things about those rifles.

3. RifleEnthusiast

Yep, everyone pretty much agrees that it's the best semi-auto tacticool .22. Body is polymer, feels sturdy, but a little light if you are a fan of rifles that have a little weight to them.

4. Benihaus

Benihaus Portland American

welcome to a great forum from a fellow newbie! The 15-22 is a great little gun, will shoot just about anything with pretty good reliablity (aside from Rem gold) I have the Pistol version and Im looking for a used rifle version atm. Look into JCGC for a closer range.. Tri county rules but at $150 per year and a $30 new member fee Jcgc is a smokin deal (not to mention its pretty close to you) Pistol range but .22 rifles are ok.
    Cheers!

5. RifleEnthusiast

Agree, Tri county (now) will cost something like $235 (hence next month on the new pay check :)) However, Tri county is $120/year regular price, $10/month is not bad at all for what they offer. I am hoping that at some point (hopefully by end of summer) I will get into long range shooting and they seem to be the only club with the long ranges.

6. 19 Adam

19 Adam rural Clackamas County, Oregon Active Member

I think Douglas Ridge, just outside Estacada, is accepting new members and they have some very long ranges. They have a 1000 yard range as one of the long ranges. They have a website: Douglas Ridge Rifle Club

7. RifleEnthusiast

Oh Douglas seems to have a great reputation for the facilities and the skills of people who shoot there, but it's a bit far for me to swing there in a spur of the moment after work when I feel like unwinding.