JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's my game plan someday if he ever talks to me about it. Although my boys see their father, my own father tries to assume role of being "the protector" for his baby girl (me) and his grandsons. It's not a negative situation. He just avoids the topic. My younger brother and I have had discussions about it in front of our Dad, but he won't engage in the conversation. I don't bring it up directly with him, because I know he's not ready for it. He still doesn't acknowledge I have a tattoo that I've had for 13 years now and it covers 1/4 of my leg :D

I raised my girl and stepkids (and their friends) around guns. It's normal for them, and my grandkids, to shoot and own guns... even built an AR15 for my only daughter's birthday two years ago, then bought her ammo last year. :D

Many years ago I was taken aback when my 18yr old baby girl showed me her belly button ring. Yikes, she wasn't a kid anymore. About 5 yrs ago she got a tat on her shoulder blade... sorry but I really don't like tats!!! Never said anything to her tho. My mom always told me if you can't say anything positive not to say anything at all... maybe that's your dad's gig.

Agreed. I am little late to the love fest, but a gold supporter also? Way to make an entrance!
Extending a warm welcome to you. Enjoy this great resource.

Thank you @Superglide! I wasn't trying to make a grand entrance... I've been a member since June of last year... I would pop in here and there and saw the announcement of NWFA needing funds, so I did what I could. It certainly has been a warm welcome and I've been reading through old threads picking up what I can. :s0067:

Those are just quick fixes, sometimes its more than that. If someone else shot it and it ejected fine, then thats one thing. If others shoot it and it repeats, you might have it looked at. Unless, it doesn't bother you. As long as old brass comes out and new cartridges feed, its not a horrible situation. The gun is yours now and has to work for you, not the original owner.

Finally got out to the range yesterday! Paid a lot more attention to grip and had zero stove pipes or and brass ejecting back to me.

Ha! Reading back through this was fun. :s0114: It's cool to see how much has changed in a year. And I recognize some names even!

I still love my Glocks. :p Have 4 of them now. However I have had an itch to try a Sig... just waiting for a good deal to pop up.

Added a few rifles and a shot gun to my collection. An AR-15, (because who doesn't need one), a couple Ruger 10/22s (one built lighter for the kiddos), have a Ruger American bolt action 5.56, but have a Tikka .223 in the safe now so have the Ruger up for sale. :cool:

I know I don't post much but I definitely learn from all of your posts! So thanks still! Haha:s0115:

Ha! Reading back through this was fun. :s0114: It's cool to see how much has changed in a year. And I recognize some names even!

I still love my Glocks. :p Have 4 of them now. However I have had an itch to try a Sig... just waiting for a good deal to pop up.

Added a few rifles and a shot gun to my collection. An AR-15, (because who doesn't need one), a couple Ruger 10/22s (one built lighter for the kiddos), have a Ruger American bolt action 5.56, but have a Tikka .223 in the safe now so have the Ruger up for sale. :cool:

I know I don't post much but I definitely learn from all of your posts! So thanks still! Haha:s0115:

What kinda Sig? I have a P320 X-Compact, brand new in the box, I'd sell for $500.

What kinda Sig? I have a P320 X-Compact, brand new in the box, I'd sell for $500.

So from what I understand that's about the size of a G19 correct? I have a problem in that I wouldn't pass up a smoking deal to add to the safe, however I'm more interested in finding a good conceal size for now...

I used to carry a G26... lost about 45 pounds and it became incredibly hard to conceal. Went down to a G43 and then a G42, but I'm just not happy with how I shoot them. Not as accurately as I did the G26 and of course my G17 and G19. So I've heard try Sig a few times.

So from what I understand that's about the size of a G19 correct? I have a problem in that I wouldn't pass up a smoking deal to add to the safe, however I'm more interested in finding a good conceal size for now...

I used to carry a G26... lost about 45 pounds and it became incredibly hard to conceal. Went down to a G43 and then a G42, but I'm just not happy with how I shoot them. Not as accurately as I did the G26 and of course my G17 and G19. So I've heard try Sig a few times.

Its almost like a G26 upper on a G19 lower. It has a 3.6 inch barrel and 15 round magazine. It also has a slide milled for a red dot. If hiding a G43 is difficult for you, nothing in the Sig lineup will hide any easier....that I would recommend buying.

Try a p365 if you are curious. I love mine and have put a stupid amount of rounds through mine.

Its almost like a G26 upper on a G19 lower. It has a 3.6 inch barrel and 15 round magazine. It also has a slide milled for a red dot. If hiding a G43 is difficult for you, nothing in the Sig lineup will hide any easier....that I would recommend buying.

Hhmm interesting. I loved my G26.

Concealing a G43 isn't difficult, I'm just not a fan of shooting it... I could get the job done if faced with a threat, but I can't get a tight group with it and I feel like it wants to jump out of my hands every time I take a shot.
6A1E441C-9916-44B3-A436-E163007485D8.jpeg 03CB457B-402D-46C0-B19C-39D1D7985368.jpeg

Try a p365 if you are curious. I love mine and have put a stupid amount of rounds through mine.

I've heard from a lot a people to try the p365, but I've also heard they have lots of issues... And I know every gun is different for every shooter so I just need to get out there and out my hands on a couple different guns and see.

Maybe try a Kahr Mk9. It is similar in size to the 43 with a slightly shorter barrel. It is however all stainless which adds about 6 oz over a glock 43. I am not sure if it is thie weight, but I shoot the mk9 better than any other subcompacts I have tried. Good luck in your search.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top