JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Weak grip.... I've heard that a time or 2 from the couple people I've shot with giving me pointers... the person I bought it from didn't have the issues I've had so I know it's user error.
Get one of those squeeze-thing exercise devices. Also, Mas Ayoob recommends the "gorilla grip" (torque down with everything you have; id shooting one hand, ball the other into a fist similarly tightened and pull it up to your chest for maximum "interlimb response") for this very reason.

I have a lot of respect for women shooters. I've had my azz handed to me a few times by a woman shooter... Welcome aboard and do't be too hard on your dad. He may have had his reasons, that made sense to him at the time, for not taking you shooting.. This is a great place. You will like it here...

I have a lot of respect for women shooters. I've had my azz handed to me a few times by a woman shooter... Welcome aboard and do't be too hard on your dad. He may have had his reasons, that made sense to him at the time, for not taking you shooting.. This is a great place. You will like it here...

I try not to be too hard on him. He sees me with different eyes now... I guess when your baby girl becomes a single mom, you have no choice but to let her grow up... Or at least let her think she has... haha! He still won't talk guns with me though... baby steps I guess.:s0047:

I try not to be too hard on him. He sees me with different eyes now... I guess when your baby girl becomes a single mom, you have no choice but to let her grow up... Or at least let her think she has... haha! He still won't talk guns with me though... baby steps I guess.:s0047:
Maybe try explaining that since you have to be both nurturer ("mom") and protector ("dad") roles, you NEED to know this stuff, and the better at the game you are the safer his grandkids will be?

Back in my Executive Protection days, when my Principal (later GF, now Ex 1.0) insisted on fighting me about every little call early on I played a version of that card on her to great effect. ("Someday, you're going to need to be prepared to take the role for your kids that I hold for you..." The friction went way down when first I had her do what I call a "Day In The Life" exercise where she RP'ed an agent for a day, and then when she started joining me on the range for training once or twice a month. :) )

@SKrueger has a distinct advantage, he's the first one to know it's raining, last one to drown! Only feller I know that has to duck to get into a lifted truck! :p:p:p

I'm a gonna run now, he's so gonna stomp my short azz into the ground!:p

Just don't ask me how the weather is when I have been drinking!! I might spit on your head and tell you its raining:D

1911.JPG Welcome !!!!!!!!

Dang... Where have I been? Distracted by all this "Scary Gun" initiative crap. Welcome to the den GlockGirl! Lot's to learn and share here... if nothing else, highly entertaining. :D

Dang... Where have I been? Distracted by all this "Scary Gun" initiative crap. Welcome to the den GlockGirl! Lot's to learn and share here... if nothing else, highly entertaining. :D

Haha thanks @Legs I almost feel like I have to welcome you to the party. Highly entertaining indeed!! And don't worry I've been warned about @Stomper already, although I haven't seen it... yet....

Disclaimer: This is not a challenge Stomper!!

Maybe try explaining that since you have to be both nurturer ("mom") and protector ("dad") roles, you NEED to know this stuff, and the better at the game you are the safer his grandkids will be?)

That's my game plan someday if he ever talks to me about it. Although my boys see their father, my own father tries to assume role of being "the protector" for his baby girl (me) and his grandsons. It's not a negative situation. He just avoids the topic. My younger brother and I have had discussions about it in front of our Dad, but he won't engage in the conversation. I don't bring it up directly with him, because I know he's not ready for it. He still doesn't acknowledge I have a tattoo that I've had for 13 years now and it covers 1/4 of my leg :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top