JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Your gun shouldn't be ejecting brass to your face. This is usually a slide velocity issue, which can be caused by any number of different things. The biggest culprits are weak practice ammo, stiff recoil spring, and weak grip.

Weak grip.... I've heard that a time or 2 from the couple people I've shot with giving me pointers... the person I bought it from didn't have the issues I've had so I know it's user error.

Weak grip.... I've heard that a time or 2 from the couple people I've shot with giving me pointers... the person I bought it from didn't have the issues I've had so I know it's user error.

Weak grip can cause cycling errors too, FTF, FTE. This is especially true of pocket pistols, if you have any.

Welcome to da forum. Togas are all the rage here!

Edit: death grip is not necessary for ISO tech, stiffen wrists. I for one never mastered the push/pull of the Weaver grip.

Last Edited:
Hello and welcome to the forum Gl0ckGirl!

If you ever get tired of those high tech futuristic firearms and get a yearning for a historic firearm let me know...
I might have a few , you could shoot...:D
Andy

It's always fun to see some of the older threads pop up once in a while too.

Zombie threads... :eek:. Just say no!!!

¡HOLA!
Glocks are OK, try Sig:D.
I have Glocks but prefer Sigs, buuut I haven't shot my 19X yet so...
View attachment 442996
Don't mind me just showing off my guns

Dat 19X is one fugly gun!!! ;):p

Wow a lot of us bought 19x's... Glock must be lovin the sales. A small concession for losing the MIL contract.

Dat 19X is one fugly gun!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p:p

Uh oh... cultural appropriation! Where are the monitors? :eek:

I've shot S&W and Ruger. Honestly my first is a G19 with a nickel boron slide.... and frankly she's a beauty! I had my eye on her for MONTHS before I finally convinced my friend to let me have her. The ONLY thing I don't like is the hot brass ejecting straight back at me.... taught me really quick to zip my jacket up all the way!:s0092:

Lol.

I have a real nice Ruger SR9c. Narrow profile for carry, 10rd/17rd mags included, 3.5" barrel... shoots real nice. Has Glock licensed action/trigger. Also a trigger pull with no staging. Some people like a break that happens with no warning but in competition I prefer my G34 and staging the trigger. I loved my G19 for carry too.

Welcome aboard this crazy train we call a gun forum, it's actually a pretty awesome place for like minded folks to hang out and shoot da bull on all things, and a love for guns and shooting sport!
Glocks are ok, especially when your just getting started! Now 1911s are for class, style, and sophistication, like a Glock only for grownups! Lol:p:p:p

J/K:D
Stomper is actually a great big softy, and he loves puppies and rainbows, and dancing through the tulips!
:s0045:

Those are just quick fixes, sometimes its more than that. If someone else shot it and it ejected fine, then thats one thing. If others shoot it and it repeats, you might have it looked at. Unless, it doesn't bother you. As long as old brass comes out and new cartridges feed, its not a horrible situation. The gun is yours now and has to work for you, not the original owner.

... raised in the city.

Hello! I grew up with a hunting father and I'm sad to say he never taught me anything about guns other than not to touch them because "guns aren't for girls" but Daddy didn't raise a fool! So here I am! Learning on my own. ;) I've done classes, have my CHL, own a couple Glocks, and go target shooting every now and then. One thing I've learned is that everyone has their own opinion and I need to find my own favorites! I'm excited to learn from you guys!
Welcome!

Welcome aboard, I'm a fellow Glock fan boy.

Not many ladies here, at least that I know of, so wonder around carefully. Too late to warn you about @Stomper though he is much quieter in person.

Honestly my first is a G19 with a nickel boron slide.... and frankly she's a beauty! I had my eye on her for MONTHS before I finally convinced my friend to let me have her. The ONLY thing I don't like is the hot brass ejecting straight back at me.... taught me really quick to zip my jacket up all the way!:s0092:

Does SHE have a name? Aren't females supposed to name their guns names like Ryan (Gosling), Bradley (Cooper), Jean Claude, The Rock? Or is that just sexist? I name my guns after my ex girlfriends; the reason why will not be mentioned here.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top