JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey all, I'm brand new to the forum or any forum for that matter, I will be purchasing my first new pistol next week, the cz 75b. Ive been shooting all my life but never owned my own pistol. I'm trying to figure out what holsters to get..or not to get. I would like to buy some rubber grips but kind of skeptical on doing so, anyway if anyone wants to put there 2 cents in to help a newbee out I would appreciate the input. I have so many questions and I'm sure I will be back to annoy you guys. Thanks for any help.

I'd say that's a great choice. My CZ75b is my favorite 9mm. Not that I have lot of 9mms 2 Glocks, a Sig and a Ruger. Plus a CZ 75, no B I picked up about a month ago. Still have not had that one out yet.

Can't help on the holster though. Someone should reply on that soon. There are a few CZ 75b fans here.

I just bought my first CZ pistol...the CZ 75 B stainless. The stainless model came with rubber grips but I replaced them with VZ army green Frag grips. I am a SIG guy. I love SIG pistols and I own 16 of them. I think SIG is one of the best made guns in the world...but I have to say, I think this CZ just might be better than my SIG P226.

I really like my 75BD. Definitely one of the better 'nines' I have owned (but the Baby Eagle I had was a close 2nd) The only thing I DON'T like about it is the trigger. The decocker versions have a pretty bad trigger but cramming the innards full of Gunslick and many evenings setting on the couch with a rag between the hammer and frame and dry firing it till my finger hurt has improved it quite a bit but it still has a fair amount of creep. There is a fix for this but I don't know if I am going to do it. I may sell it and just buy a Citadel 9mm 1911 I have looked at in Sportsman's - and it has a great trigger off the rack.

I have a cz75b (9mm) and also the cadet conversion (to 22lr).
Great gun. Shoots better than I do, have not had any issues with ammo.
The conversion to 22lr is pretty nifty with a slide exchange and a mag change and you're off and shooting the same 75b but in 22lr.
Cheaper to shoot and still lots of fun.

I replaced the original grips with some from VZ Grips (vzgrips.com), they were very easy to change out and fit just fine.

I've had a CZ 75b since about 2008. It shoots well and has functioned perfectly but there's three things I don't like about it. One is that the slide release is an uncomfortably far reach for my thumb (and I have large hands), and the stock magazines don't drop totally free when you press the mag realease, which I imagine could be solved very easily with different magazines. Other than that, it's a great gun and the stock grips work just fine for me.

I'm trying to figure out what holsters to get.
I have an 'old' Bucheimer B36-79 that was intended for a S&W 39 and fits my CZ like a glove after a slight trim job for the squared off trigger guard. It does not have a retention strap but fits so well it doesn't need one. I doubt you'll ever find one but look on Ebay or other sites and you might get lucky.

I said, "Three things," and listed only two. lol The last thing I wish was improved is that I don't care for the, what seems to me, a very low sight profile compared to other similar weapons.

I know you will enjoy the CZ. It is my favorite range pistol. I have a blade-tech holster for mine and have been very happy with it. They are about $60, plus I added a drop for another $12.

<broken link removed>

I also put the factory rubber grips on. They were a very nice addition for my hands. Then there is the factory competition rear sight, the fiber optic front sight, springs, - lots to play with.

Have fun!

Yea the CZ is/was no doubt a 'sleeper' for a long time and I was lucky to find mine before they woke up - which seemed to happen only in the last year. The prices seemed to have shot up and I am seeing more forum activity about them. I know I have mentioned the trigger issue with mine a few times but the reality is it IS getting better and I may take it apart and see if there is anything I can to to improve it more. The CZ is unique in that it is one of the few all steel nines for those of use who do not want 'plastic', or even alloy for that matter. As for accuracy I never mentioned that - mine will shoot ragged cloverleafs benchrested and gets better with lighter bullets and 100 gr HPs shot the tightest nearly 1.5" at 25 yards rested. I'll agree with the sights being a a little on the small and low profile side (the front more than the rear) but there are some options to change that.

I really like my 75BD. Definitely one of the better 'nines' I have owned (but the Baby Eagle I had was a close 2nd) The only thing I DON'T like about it is the trigger. The decocker versions have a pretty bad trigger but cramming the innards full of Gunslick and many evenings setting on the couch with a rag between the hammer and frame and dry firing it till my finger hurt has improved it quite a bit but it still has a fair amount of creep. There is a fix for this but I don't know if I am going to do it. I may sell it and just buy a Citadel 9mm 1911 I have looked at in Sportsman's - and it has a great trigger off the rack.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top