Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

New

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Elee1014, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Elee1014

Elee1014 Bellingham, washington New Member

Hello new guy here looking to buy my first firearm thanks to the community!

2. captqc

captqc Tigard Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

Welcome to the forum. Check out the firearms discussion and classified forums before you buy. Gary

3. GunRightsCoalition

GunRightsCoalition Vancouver Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Welcome, What is the purpose of your first firearm? Do you have something in mind already? Any prior experience with firearms? Give us an idea if where your at (firearms related), and where you want to go, and then I'm sure several here will have some good tips and ideas on where to go from there.

4. Elee1014

I was looking to buy a slug shotgun or a rifle for going hunting ive been wanting to go with my grandpa and my friends, i dont have much gun experience only shot a few times

5. GunRightsCoalition

GunRightsCoalition Vancouver Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Any particular reason for a shotgun as opposed to a rifle? Slugs implies larger game. If so a good rifle will have more range. For small game and birds a shotgun is the right tool.

6. Elee1014

Ok so i decided to look for a rifle whats a good rifle?