JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The phrase "buy back" should be banned unless the item was originally purchased from the government. It also reinforces the idea that firearms ownership is a privilege because of the underlying implication that all firearm ownership begins with state ownership of the items, and so of course when the state wants them "back" -- it isn't a big deal.

We don't think about government confiscation this way in other areas -- when the government takes a person's house to build a road, it's called eminent domain, not "house buy back".
Actually, I had a thought the other day...

When you buy a house, you essentially rent it from the government (quit paying your property taxes and see what happens).

If the government wants to "buyback" my gun, then the trade that I will consider is for allodial title to my land. You (the government) can trade me something of yours for something of mine.

Neither will our U.S. Navy since they are banned there due to our nu-clear arse-nal.
They're not banned there. Only nuclear powered or armed ships are barred. There was a 30 year gap in visits but they occur today if the PM gives consent after being convinced there are no nuclear weapons or power on the vessel. The US only offers to send compliant ships there at this time.

Loads of destroyers and smaller vessels comply with nz law.

I used to communicate with a NZ lady on a long gone forum and in a few emails several years ago.

She became more and more anti gun and anti American in her own way.

She got divorced, moved to the south (?) island for a new life (Not!) and that did not work out so she moved back to the north island. Boy, oh boy when it came to her DREAM LIFE and tons more. What a shame too. What an expensive move to there and back again!

Previously, we could talk about other matters but I tended not to like her comments in political matters when she tried to LUMP all Americans into the FAR right or FAR left and nothing in the MIDDLE that had views - strong views in specific matters. Sigh, you know, as in GUNS and in our own Constitution/Bill of Rights. She did NOT understand how many Americans thought in that matter.

We were polite and eventually we had nothing to talk about on a regular basis.

Side notes:

The one NZ man who posted the VIDEO OF THE SHOOTING down there got 21 months for that and some other crapola. It was on American, NZ and other overseas news websites. On the boob tube and radio too.

Beautiful country from what I have seen but not in person.

I knew a Nam Veteran who lived there for a few years on and off in the early 70's. He moved back to TENN the last that I heard.

There is a man who used to post on another forum who is becoming a citizen there. He and his wife work there. He used to write about it and how he had to PROVE HIMSELF WORTHY to move, live and work there. So much income and other things.

I heard that housing was very expensive there compared to the average income but I do not know what it is like now.

The NZ PM really goes on and on about GUNS and keeps bringing up Americans and more when she does interviews. I am beginning to think or know that many people really DO NOT LIKE US or downright hate us because of our GUNS and, of course, in many other things. I read a lot of news from overseas too.

Cate
Not uncommon. I had to prove myself worthy of moving to the US. One can't just move and live and enjoy life whereever one pleases in the 21st century apperantly. In the parts of the world where guns aren't a right, people are extremely fearful of them. Only bad guys have guns, is the attitude. While, yes, guns are made to take life, many fail to understand the concept of self-defense. It's just so foreign to lots of people that Automatically Americans are "crazy" and bad and whatnot with all their guns. I thought that way too before becoming more educated on the subject. I had plenty conversations with family overseas where I explained the concept of a gun just being an object and how stupid those ",gun free zones" are. The reply is always "but it cant be that everyone is waving a gun around in schools/hospitals/so forth". Well... thats all illegal already, I tell them. Its about having something in your pocket, like your keys or your wallet, in case something bad happens!. answer is: but still..... it cant be....

Last Edited:
The end of Western Civilization?

AAE71C14-5301-4815-BED0-A60ECB41E480.png

In the parts of the world where guns aren't a right, people are extremely fearful of them.

In other words, every other country in the world.... If I'm not mistaken, the Good Ol U S of A is the only country that has the right to bear arms in it's constitution. Not Israel, not Switzerland.

Edit: Only 3 countries recognize citizen's right to firearms... Mexico (well that's odd given all the restrictions), Guatemala (really?), and US.

Beto needs to get on a plane and go talk to them. He can tell them how compliant American gun owners are when faced with the prospect of losing our vaunted "law-abiding" status. How, through just the power of his words, he got 100,000,000 freshly-minted felons to turn in their guns to the government. How, when faced with the stress of becoming one of the new breed of criminals, Americans flocked to the nearest government agency, police station, DMV, welfare office, and school, to dump their war weapons. People were flagging-down fire fighters and highway workers, meter maids and dog catchers in order to nancy-prance their way into his good graces and make him look like something other than the horse-faced f***tard that he lays claim to every time he opens his yap.

well... that was his theory, at least.

In other words, every other country in the world.... If I'm not mistaken, the Good Ol U S of A is the only country that has the right to bear arms in it's constitution. Not Israel, not Switzerland.

Edit: Only 3 countries recognize citizen's right to firearms... Mexico (well that's odd given all the restrictions), Guatemala (really?), and US.

When I did a deep study of Middle Eastern culture, I read Yemen had something along those lines. A search found this the statute is Law Regulating Carrying Firearms, Ammunition and their Trade. Article 9 states: "The citizens of the Republic shall have the right to hold the necessary rifles, machine guns, revolvers, and hunting rifles for their personal use with an amount of ammunition for the purpose of legitimate defense." How much that is respected has varied, but in terms of civilian held arms, they are the second most armed society, after the United States.

When I did a deep study of Middle Eastern culture, I read Yemen had something along those lines. A search found this the statute is Law Regulating Carrying Firearms, Ammunition and their Trade. Article 9 states: "The citizens of the Republic shall have the right to hold the necessary rifles, machine guns, revolvers, and hunting rifles for their personal use with an amount of ammunition for the purpose of legitimate defense." How much that is respected has varied, but in terms of civilian held arms, they are the second most armed society, after the United States.

The 3 I mentioned have rights enshrined in a "Constitution". I found there were indeed other countries that had it in law, for example Saudi Arabia :eek:, but laws can be easily changed.

I wonder if this has anything to do with Saudia Arabia's difficulty in invading and subduing Yemen? :rolleyes:

The Washington Post reports -
After mosque shootings, New Zealand's weapons buyback runs into an obstacle: gun owners

"A government-commissioned assessment by the accounting firm KPMG estimated that the number of banned guns could be between 50,000 and 170,000. If the median of that range were correct, more than half of the prohibited firearms would be unaccounted for; the precise figure is unknown because New Zealand until this year lacked a registry for military-style semiautomatics.
With the amnesty expiring, the nation's largest gun-rights group this week declared the buyback an "unmitigated failure," citing the group's research. Some two-thirds of weapons banned after the Christchurch massacre remain in the hands of New Zealanders, according to the Council of Licensed Firearms Owners, making those gun owners liable to five years' imprisonment."

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top