JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wife has family down there who are smack in the middle of this, they called from their bug out Locatin and told everyone they were ok. I didn't know it but I guess they are super prepers

That was a big one. On most fronts it was lucky that is was in a rural area but doesn't help being isolated. Again, how it relates to the PNW is we have small but necessary little bridges everywhere. Driving after a big one will be s short exercise. I couldn't leave my development by automobile. Walking or biking would be it (start stretching). More importantly trucks & supplies could get in on a large scale at least.

On the upside for New Zealand, since it was a rural area hopefully there are wells for water and basic supplies that 100,000 or more people wouldn't have in a large city.

The thing about wells is that if the ground shifts, it can cave in the well, or it can move part of it such that water cannot be pumped from it.

This actually happened to our HOA's well during the 1983 Mt. Borah earthquake (AKA "Challis Earthquake). The HOA at that time, for whatever reasons, decided to drill a new well. Several years ago the HOA decided to try to revive the original well. We hired a driller familiar with the area and were rewarded with a refurbished well that worked better than the original. Wasn't cheap.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top