JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Im a little nervous about not having a gun with me, or quick access to a gun for the time we are gone, so prayers are welcome...;)
Thanks in advance.

Uh, did you say New Zealand, or Detroit?

Leave your cares behind, pal. Gun crime in NZ is falling dramatically year of year by comparison with nearby Australia or even far-off Canada.

The vast majority of gun crimes are carried out with illegal firearms and shotguns.

NZ homicide rate is 0.9 per 100,000, only a fifth of the US rate. Figure in the size of the population, and that's just about the same annually as the homicide rate as Bonneville Salt flats. A reminder that as of last Monday, 160 people had been shot in Detroit since New Year's Day.

I think you'll prolly be just fine.

tac

Last Edited:
It seems you are correct about the koalas only being an Aussie thing (I always learn something here every day;)) but I'm pretty sure the aboriginals in NZ are still making and selling didgeridoos.

Joe, the natives of NZ do not make digeridoos.

Or boomerangs.

Or eat tucker.

Or go walkabout.

The Maori are Polynesians, not 'Marooned Asiatics' like the natives of Australia. They've only been on the twin islands since around 1000AD.

tac

Well, down to the last 20 days before we leave...
I was looking forward to throwing boomerangs at Koalas while on walkabout just after eating tucker, but now...

Last time so was there was when I was 7 so I guess all I can really say for sure is I do remember biting flies.

Spent 7 different vacations in Austrailia so I seem to have gotten some stuff mixed up.

You can buy boomerangs and all that good stuff at the tourists stores though I'm sure.

Best wishes and congratulations again!:)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top