JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone from , been to , or planning to visit New Zealand?
I will be heading there at the end of March with my super hot fiance to get married and have our honeymoon.
We are traveling to Queenstown, and will be there for 8 days... Sight seeing and having an adventure.
Since this is both out first times there, we are looking for some ideas from folks that have been there or are from there, or even if you have a bucket list with NZ on it and there is something you want to see or do there...
Any ideas or suggestions are welcome.
Im a little nervous about not having a gun with me, or quick access to a gun for the time we are gone, so prayers are welcome...;)
Thanks in advance.

You should probably do the gondola. lol

queenstown-gondola.jpg

Take bug spray - no snakes but you'll wish there were when you get a swarm of those biting flies the size of bees interested in your picknik.

Go see some koala bears and kiwi birds.

My dad swears they have the best ice cream in the world and he has traveled more then I have by a lot.

Was only there a few times as a kid so I'm sure many things have changed.

Get a digerie do and a leather duster coat cuz they will be much cheaper there then they are here.

:DI am envious............its totally on my bucket list. Much better gun laws than Australia, suppressors over the counter cheap, natives hunt year round if your tough enough to climb and WORLD class trout fishing abounds. I would find a small town and a small bar and go in and tip a few pints with the locals to really get the feel;)

We had to go thru Austrailia to get there back in the day.

I guess with all the lord of the rings movies that they have direct flights there now.

I was not aware they had Koalas and didgeridoos in New Zealand? o_O

It seems you are correct about the koalas only being an Aussie thing (I always learn something here every day;)) but I'm pretty sure the aboriginals in NZ are still making and selling didgeridoos.

We heard there are some penguins around the southern coast that head up from the South Pole. We'll try to find them.
We arent into the real "touristy" stuff, more the real local laid back things. Tourist stuff always feel fake and lame.

I watched a show where they were shooting geese in NZ with rifles. The guy said it just felt wrong but was fun.:p

As a result of the new status (wildlife not protected), Canada geese may be hunted any time utilising any method – with the exception of poisoning (the Minister of Conservation ruled poisoning out as the risk of by-kill of other protected species was too great). This means you may now shoot Canada geese with rifles, shotguns, bows etc, from motorised boats or helicopters, on the ground, on the water or in the air, and during the moult – no limits

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top