JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So in pursuit of local coyotes Ive dusted off a couple of my old squirrel guns, one a new england 20ga single shot that I actually like quite a bit for a cheap gun. The second is my old wore out Mossberg. The N.E. is a single shot so that puts it out for a good yote gun plus we all know the frailest of coyotes can shake off a couple loads of #4 buck:rolleyes:, hence the need for 4+ rounds...amaright?
The Mossberg has seen its better days AND I have an empty long gun spot in my safe...sooo.....Its time for a new scatter gun! This time it has to be semi auto. MAX budget ~$600. A friend who is a big time bird hunter tells me the Stoger semis are knock off of benellis. True? How about a Mossberg 930? Other options? Discuss...:cool:

AA-12!!! vepr 12??!

kidding aside...

CAN a mossberg wear out? my 535 has over 20k rounds thru it and only 4 major strip down cleanings. other than that i lube the action and bore snake the barrel. it runs like a champ.

i think a 930 would be an awesome choice maybe even a 935 so you can have the 3 1/2 mag option. im a firm believer in mossberg shotguns.

ive had a little experience with weatherby semi autos. seem to be built well and they work.

my buddy has had nothing but trouble with his stoeger O/U 12ga even after two trips to stoeger.

for yotes i prefer centerfire. have you considered a savage model 10 in .223, .243, 22-250? i have nothing but excellent experience with my savage rifles.

ive heard OK things about the ruger american rifles. also,a remington 700 in 260 rem could be an option. maybe a budget 20" AR build? 5.56,6.8spc or 300blk? it can be done even with accuracy in mind.

for yotes i prefer centerfire. have you considered a savage model 10 in .223, .243, 22-250? i have nothing but excellent experience with my savage rifles.

ive heard OK things about the ruger american rifles. also,a remington 700 in 260 rem could be an option. maybe a budget 20" AR build? 5.56,6.8spc or 300blk? it can be done even with accuracy in mind.

I actually have a purpose built AR with a white oak 20" SS barrel. Its a tack driver, BUT I need a shotgun for the "hill" I live next to, it legal for shotgun and bow only. Plus I just want a new shotgun. Also being the west side its dense, I called a yote to a couple yards last week, smelled me and bolted beforeI could get a shot. :mad:

I actually have a purpose built AR with a white oak 20" SS barrel. Its a tack driver, BUT I need a shotgun for the "hill" I live next to, it legal for shotgun and bow only. Plus I just want a new shotgun. Also being the west side its dense, I called a yote to a couple yards last week, smelled me and bolted beforeI could get a shot. :mad:

I used to live in Squak! Eastside next to trails just off I-90 where the bears come down to eat garbage.
let us know what you buy and how it works.
Brutus Out

Brutus post: 1342875 said:
I used to live in Squak! Eastside next to trails just off I-90 where the bears come down to eat garbage.
let us know what you buy and how it works.
Brutus Out
No kiddin? My neighbor buddy just pulled a 488# bear off tiger. Got it with a bow at 18 yards. :eek:

Don't use BB's on coyotes. My only auto is "recoil" operated.. HK/Benelli.. but I hear you. Get some sort of gas gun, even if it's old.. if you want. There's lots to choose from.
Odd that so many yammered "rifle" when you were talking shotgun.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top