JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Aren't docs supposed to report people who are going to hurt themselves or others?

Maybe they are getting by on this?

I think the shot heard around the world might just happen in New York....

Think of how this changes what you say, and who you even talk to anymore. Some lefty doc says, hey I don't care about this redneck, I'm sending the Feds after him. Or maybe you are seen unpolading your pickup, after a day of hunting. Your neighbor is a lefty nurse at the clinic you attend.

Numerous meds used to treat anxiety, depression, etc. are also used for chronic pain (e.g. Cymbalta). I guess that means if you are unfortunate enough to have facet arthropathy, muscle spasms (e.g. Diazepam), degenerative disc disease, etc. you had better not take anything that can also be used for mental conditions, and if you do have mental health issues, keep your mouth shut. It's easy to see that the new policy will put an end to people seeking treatment for mental health related conditions.

Interesting how this works and how we on the outside look at it. I have seen repeated calls for stronger mental health control. As well as a number of comments here about how various of the recent mass murderers were on these kinds of drugs. Granted lack of due process is wrong, But which comes first the chicken or the egg. Do you first remove the weapons and then return them if no cause is found. Or do you first notify a person who might be a threat that their rights and weapons maybe removed while the weapons are still under thier control.

Sticky Wicket if you ask me,

There's a difference between 'mental health CONTROL' and "mental health CARE'. We need more access to mental health CARE. People, when they finally reach the difficult decision to receive care need to have access to quality care, with privacy insured. Today, good care exisits but it's very hard to access, especially if you are working class.
'Mental health CONTROL' is a whole other kettle of fish - it's counter productive to everyone's safety.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top