JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Judge Sinatra said that a portion of New York's new concealed firearms regulations, enacted after the New York State Rifle and Pistol v. Bruin, is not constitutional.
The new law that includes banning firearms from sensitive locations such as churches, doesn't identify an American Tradition justifying the ban, as required in the recent Supreme Court Ruling. Thus it is ruled unconstitutional.
the relevance here, in my humble opinion, is that this establishes case law that would outline the inherent failures of Oregons Measure 114 to accomplish the same constitutional objective.
the Irony here is that the creation of Ballot Measure 114 was pushed into existence through the support of a number of churches in Multnomah County.
your thoughts?

The Evangelical Lutheran Church in America sent Mark Knutson to Oregon and supported him in his attempts to impose draconian gun laws here. Not just once, but twice! They are a major part of the organized movement to impose unconstitutional laws on Oregonians.

All the sponsors of the initiative continued on to submit it after the Bruen Decision was well-known, a reckless act that could well cause serious consequences for law-abiding Oregonians.

In my view, all the sponsors, and their financial backers, are liable for at least negligence, and probably conspiracy to deny constitutional rights. They should be sued in civil court, and, if there was true justice, be prosecuted criminally.

Last Edited:
I realize that most 'religions' tend to be on the right side of the aisle, but with the amount of money they roll in and the policical clout they weild, far too many of them should be considered businesses, and taxed as appropriate. That would put a little hitch in their git-along.

Judge Sinatra said that a portion of New York's new concealed firearms regulations, enacted after the New York State Rifle and Pistol v. Bruin, is not constitutional.
The new law that includes banning firearms from sensitive locations such as churches, doesn't identify an American Tradition justifying the ban, as required in the recent Supreme Court Ruling. Thus it is ruled unconstitutional.
the relevance here, in my humble opinion, is that this establishes case law that would outline the inherent failures of Oregons Measure 114 to accomplish the same constitutional objective.
the Irony here is that the creation of Ballot Measure 114 was pushed into existence through the support of a number of churches in Multnomah County.
your thoughts?
Any church or PRIVATE property owner is free to prohibit weapons (firearms in particular) from their premises, just not to impose it on the properties of others.

Any church or PRIVATE property owner is free to prohibit weapons (firearms in particular) from their premises, just not to impose it on the properties of others.
This is about the states ability to say it is criminal to carry a gun into a church.
this isn't about private properly owners denying access of armed persons.

This is about the states ability to say it is criminal to carry a gun into a church.
this isn't about private properly owners denying access of armed persons.
Last I checked the state doesn't own any churches, and my comment was in the context of a sidebar conversation within this thread that it is indeed the owners of a few particular churches (located in Oregon) that are endeavoring to dictate to the rest of the churches of others on what they may do in them.

;)

1666841374475.png

And a simple solution.
If you don't like what the Church is telling you.

Leave.

Aloha, Mark

Last I checked the state doesn't own any churches, and my comment was in the context of a sidebar conversation within this thread that it is indeed the owners of a few particular churches (located in Oregon) that are endeavoring to dictate to the rest of the churches of others on what they may do in them.

;)
Gotcha. I misunderstood your point.

Thing I find most troubling is the obvious fact that anywhere the victims are disarmed, the criminals will rule.

What person can't see that?
Mayors, city councils, school boards, congress, senate, president, and all who desire to construct a fantasy world.

Notice that murder is still OK in Times Square. Just not guns.

It's just the left-leaning churches that are good with rolling into politics. Most of the right-leaning ones have been threatened and cowed into silence. They don't dare say anything that could be construed as political, lest they incur the wrath of the government. (not that I want churches to be political)

I agree though, the problem isn't individual churches that say "No guns here", it's a law that says no gun in any church, even if they're fine with it. I happen to know that plenty of churches are completely fine with, and privately encourage, lawful concealed carry. I also know that ours has several discreetly armed members at any given time, though admittedly most that I know are off duty law enforcement.

I disagree, criminals will still bring guns into Times Square & get a slap on the wrist
Kindly read it again. Political types think that they can alter reality by passing laws, rules and regulations. No law, rule or regulation has any effect on those who choose to defy them.

Of note is that which is missing: There is no notice paid to crime in Times Square - only to guns, even if lawfully possessed.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top