Well I found an old file in my toolbox and decided to make a crooked knife for a New Years Eve project. Crooked knives are used to carve spoons, bowls and such, little projects with the kids. I wanted to just try and use what I had around the house. I improvised a forge from our BBQ I was able to use my blower underneath the BBQ and aim it towards the ash outlet. While it did blow a bit of ash it did seem to work well enough. After heating the file up I should be able to finally work on it now. Photo after cutting down the file and using a belt sander to get the rough profile. Doing a bit of work by hand with a standard file. I had kept an old piece of beachwood my kids found years ago on the beach. Upside down it felt natural in the hand, so I decided to use it for the handle. After doing an intial fit I realized the blade was to long. I cut a couple more inches off and reprofiled the end again. After putting the blade back on the improvised forge, I took a pipe and bent the tip over. Gave a quick sanding and put in the toaster over for an hour at 395. Handle cut down to size and sanded with 80 grit, then 220. Before oiling the handle with BLO Handle epoxied into place, coat of BLO applied. 24hrs for the epoxy to setup and I'll see how it works. Well, I couldn't wait to try it out.