JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am thinking standard mags are safe on a national level, but I still worry about new Oregon regulations. Having a few extra p-mags seems like a solid idea still...

Ive been kinda slackin on gun purchases the last year so i ordered one these today,
Remington 700 M40 Long Range Black/Gray Rifle .25-.06Rem 26-inch.
Time to get back on track.:D Plan on gettin a nice 22 lever gun next.

I am kind of in the same boat as far as not buying a lot of guns lately and also have my eye on a Remington 700 Long Range but in 7mm. Haven't ordered yet but I am getting close. Great minds think alike. :)

Looking at a Ruger Vaquero talon edition in 357 and a Henry Big Boy with an octagon barrel in 357. I have the funds set aside, but pulling that trigger is difficult. I am also going to invest in some training this spring and summer.

We're going more into maintenance mode this year, though there will undoubtedly be some firearm purchases, because, frankly, I'm not going to kid myself. By maintenance, I mean restocking ammo, finishing gunsmith projects, etc. I've got a couple lingering NFA firearm projects that will be done once our federal friends approve the requisite paperwork. After that, I'm kind of done with NFA projects for now, having done several transfers and around as many F1 projects in the last few years.

Due to political climate federally and at the state level, we went on a systematic buying plan over the last few years of firearms and accessories that would likely be impacted by the antics of anti-RKBA muppets. While that remains at the state level, we're kind of set at this point, so there isn't much more to do in that department.

Beyond that, I'm interested in acquiring a Schofield revolver and as I'm down to one lever-gun (the horror!) I'm tempted to obtain a light, .357 Mag lever-action carbine soon. And, time permitting, I plan to get back into coyote hunting. One of the aforementioned gunsmithing projects is for said.

1. Refine my 1st 6.8 SPC build, finish the 2nd.
  2. Sell the house
    1. Buy >20 acres way the F out in the sticks.
    2. Build a shop.
  3. Improve my LR shooting.
  4. Maybe, just maybe, get a 10mm.
  5. Volunteer for the forest service.
  6. Spend a couple of months in India for work.
  7. Be debt free by December.

At this moment I do not have a real goal for 2017 of must haves. I guess I do not feel as panicked as last year.

I did buy 4 AR lowers and lower parts kits just before the election but I have no idea what I want to build. It was more of a just in case or panic purchase if you wish to call it because of said election.

I have been looking at building a 9mm AR using Glock mags just cuz I run Glocks and have plenty of mags. Pretty much all my hand guns are 9mm with the exception of a few collectables so it makes sense.

Because of this site and a few posts I have started to do research on a 7.5 in AR pistol only because I do not currently have one but as I stated I do have complete lowers. I still see no use for it but why the heck not I have 10.5, 11.5, 14.5, 16 and 20 in barrels on guns so why not go shorter to complete the collection.

Training wise this last year I taken a advanced handgun class, my two boys and I take a carbine class and my wife and I taken the Idaho enhanced carry class so I would like to further that and do a advanced carbine class and maybe a formal night class with either carbine, handgun or both. I should do a shotgun class but I am really not a shotgun guy and it would never be a go to gun for me.

So like some have said and I agree I might just go into maintenance mode as I have plenty of toys at the moment and the accessories to go with them if anything I would like to add to my food supply and stored provisions for emergencies.

So for now I have nothing planned for 2017 at the moment except maybe just practice with what I have and relax just a bit for now.

Got an AR10 project in .308 to finish up. Got most of the expensive stuff, except the glass. Can't wait to see if this Rainier Ultramatch barrel shoots as amazingly as the other I have.

2017 shooting plans:
I found out about an action pistol shooting league that meets every Tuesday night near me- so I plan to join up with those guys for my first taste of competitive shooting.
And I really want to participate in an Appleseed clinic. (The one in Port Townsend sounds really nice for a summertime weekend fun times extravaganza)

I plan on allot of training this year. Both group and individual. Pistol, shotgun and rifle. Need to make sure I know how to properly use the tools I have available to me.
I also plan on continuing to grow my investment collection.

My goal is to go shooting once a week this year. I got to shoot my first 1911 over christmas with a friend in Arizona and damn all your guys stories aren't wrong so now I'm saving for a SIG Scorpion 1911 ;)

If anyone has ideas of a better one I am all ears and willing to try one before buying.

I want to try to shoot some 2-gun matches this year with some of my milsurp. I don't want to try to compete with guys running souped up race guns, I just want to enjoy playing with my old guns.

2017 is going to be about "doing" rather than "getting".
I'll be taking the guns I already have and get into some fun USPSA and Service Rifle matches. Since this means a big jump in ammo expendeture I'm out of necessity setting up for reloading my own ammo and load development.

(My "no new guns" resolution will probably last til around March or April, I'm guessing) ;)

More guns,specifically, build an Ar pistol just to use up parts I have. More pistols in 45acp, at least a fnx. A toz35, as ruger autos are getting pricey. Need at least one more bolt gun in 300 win mag, preferably a Winchester 70 lrh. Back on the list is a blackhawk in 44 special.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top