JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So we've all read what people have gotten for Christmas over the last few weeks, but what are your plans for this next year?
If you prefer a trip to dream land, I suppose that's fine, but I'm interested in what guns you want to buy, what training you want to take, what knowledge you want to gain.

My New Years Resolution is to continue to build up my collection, and end the year with more guns than I started with. Specifically, I'd like to move some of my projects of the parts list and on to the completed firearms list. At last check, I had 30+ projects on my list. I'd like that down to maybe 17 before the years end (in addition to buying some complete guns).
I'd also like to take the old guns class at thunder ranch, and have a successful black bear hunt in Alaska in June. If I keep gunsmithing and reading, I should be more knowledgeable as well.
It's a long list for me.

I plan to buy zero firearms next year.

I figure this will end up like all of my other resolutions.

My actual goal is to refine my reloading process. I'm out of brass to clean right now though. *cough*30-06*cough*

As always for me ... Its learning how the shooters and hunters of the 1700's and 1800's did their thing.

Learning to shoot like they did with the components and techniques that were used back then.
This of course flies in the face of current wisdom from black powder suppliers and gun magazines.
But oh well , everyone needs a hobby. :D
Andy

REAL men require hobbies that involve explosions, whether contained, controlled, or directed. Who here can still count to 10 w/o taking their shoes off? :D

As for me, I plan on getting a wicked-cool reloading setup so I can "roll my own" again... it's been since the early 90's, and it's time to start "cooking" again! ;)

Oh yeah, and I REALLY want to score a Tavor X95 (before they're "banned" in Oregon) and a SS 4" barreled Ruger GP100 in .357 :D

Last Edited:
I'm sure I'll add a few more members to the family. An AR in 7.62x39 seems to be near the top of the list.

I think the better reloading machines is a great goal but I don't really shoot that much. Maybe that would change?
I will scope my new rifle but I'm needing another handgun or two,three..... Not want but need.
And maybe a lever gun in 44 mag
Otherwise paying down bills I acquired from moving will be a priority.

Ive been kinda slackin on gun purchases the last year so i ordered one these today,
Remington 700 M40 Long Range Black/Gray Rifle .25-.06Rem 26-inch.
Time to get back on track.:D Plan on gettin a nice 22 lever gun next.

Waiting on the elk tag distribution in June or July. A decent tag in E. Oregon would open the door to a .300WM and some 3.5×14×40mm "glass".

Been drooling over the Ruger M77 Hawkeye African for months; a good looking deal for @$940.00.

Another couple Savage Rascals for the grandchildren.

Magazines.....20s, &30s.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads