JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A new Wisconsin law allows children of any age to hunt with a gun as long as they are accompanied by an adult, USA Today reports.

Gov. Scott Walker (R) signed the bill into law on Saturday, allowing children who are not yet old enough to receive a hunting license to take part in the state's hunting season with a legal adult over the age of 18.

Hunters must be 14 years of age or older and pass the state's gun safety courses before being allowed to hunt on their own, but the new law would leave it to adults to decide when children take part in the sport.

Continue Reading: New Wisconsin law allows children of any age to hunt with guns

Hunting Age Requirements for Each State

Some kids learn lifelong survival skills from an early age.
deer hunting.jpg

thats awesome. i cant wait to take my boys hunting when i feel theyre ready.

i have taken my 3 1/2 yr old on a "hunt" in my buddys back 40. he had a blast. he learned what a deer poop looks like, deer tracks buck or doe, a rub, bedding areas etc... man o man its a good feeling to have your kids WANT to go to the woods.

I think it begins with teaching kids to enjoy the outdoors at an early age. Short hikes that always include favorite snacks, searching for the perfect walking stick, learning to make fire without matches, silently watching wildlife, etc. Even camping in the backyard can be an adventure when they are young, and gives them an early exposure to setting up a tent, looking up at the stars, telling stories in the dark. But no matter what, 'papa' gets the thickest pad for his sleeping bag.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top