Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

New Winchester Model 70 30-06 Super Grade

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Father of four, Apr 30, 2010.

1. Father of four

Father of four Portland, Oregon Well-Known Member

I am thinking about buying a New Winchester Model 70 30-06 Super Grade. Have any of you purchased one on these new models or had the pleasure of shooting one? How do they compare to the older versions? Would you recommend I wait and purchase a pre 64 or post 64 model instead on the new model? If so why? Thanks, Howard

2. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

As far as the Super Grade, I can't give you any input. I do have a Win Mod 70 in 30-06 that I bought about 10 years ago that was one of the guns when Browning owned the Winchester brand name, but they were still made here, that was built just like the pre-64's with the big claw extractor and controlled feed.

This was the first batch of rifles when Winchester went back to the pre-64 design. I would be glad to let you check it out at the range if you would like to. PM me if you are interested.

3. Father of four

Thanks cougfan2, I sent you a pm.

4. Father of four

I am still very interested in more opinions. And lets say not only the Super Grade but other model 70 30-06 too. Thanks, Howard

5. terrylf72

terrylf72 Portland, Oregon, United States Member

My dad had bought a Super grade Win. Mod. 70 about 8 years ago. when I get home I can take and post some pics for you.. I have fired it a few times and it great. the wood work is awsome and beautiful.

6. Father of four

Ok nice.