JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$9
Manufacturer
Winchester
Caliber
223 Remington
City
CARLTON
State
Oregon
Zip Code
Just in! 1k rounds available while supplies last

Winchester 223 Rem 62gr Open Tip Training Rounds Brass cased

$9.99 a box while supplies last. Price is for forum members. Please mention ad when purchasing.

Disclaimer: *Does not really taste like grapes, please do not consume live ammunition*

IMG_8563.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Part of the "RITA" program (Readily Identifiable Training Ammo) - I found about 600 rounds of this stuff from someone on here a year or so ago. I've heard it performs close to match grade, and the cases are just purple-dyed nickel plated brass, so you can reload them. Definitely makes it easy to find your brass!

Wish you were closer - I'd probably pick up a few boxes just to for support.

Of course, I picked it up to run in my Spike's Tactical Snowflake... :p
8BE7A1B4-A4C5-4592-9B43-B1762CC302F2.jpeg
D058A3AE-2A30-47E4-BF26-024BBB3A8D28.jpeg

Simply put they were made as part of the R.I.T.A program for government agencies. It's primarily the purple tinted brass that makes them easily identifiable for on the range that classified them as a "training" round
So what's the point? To make the brass easier to see? Why not just use duty ammo for training and get greater discounts for volume. Sounds like a good way to drive up costs for little to no benefit, but I have been known to miss the obvious ;).

Actually, the purple stuff supposedly stings a little more that regular brass ammo, but I hear getting shot by pink ammo is by far the worst..........:)

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.