JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well, it looks like a new well is in my future. Talked to a well driller and discussed options.
He agreed my well is most likely plugged and the screen at the bottom is probably rotted away and allowing the sand and silt to fill the casing. I could clean it out but it would most likely fill in again in a few months. Up side is the drilling is easy here with virtually no rock and he is going to simply double my depth to 35'. It will have a submersible pump and can be tied into my existing pump house. Price is considerably less than I thought so this is going to be the most practical option. It will be new, with modern components and only 4" in diameter. I meet with the well driller tomorrow to begin the 'survey'.

My well is at something like 120', they got water (initially) at 60' and put the pump down at 80' (? I need to review the report).

Neighbors are down at 400' to 500' just a few hundred yards away. Neighbor 'below' me (about 50' lower elevation) said a year or so ago, that he was going to have to drill deeper and that it was going to cost him something like $20K?

Sometimes it is the luck of the draw I guess. I have had no problems, but it is just me, myself and I, so I haven't drawn much water from the well, plus I think I am in a different aquifer than my neighbors.

On the flip side of the coin, my sewer started backing up the other day, right after Frontier Communications installed an underground fiber optic cable to my next door neighbors house.
They used one of those horizontal drilling machines and managed to bore straight through my sewer pipe clean out riser and in the process manage to fill the 5' vertical pipe with gravel.
I didn't even know the city had installed the riser on the property line back in 2007 when they repaired the main sewer line.
I remembered a neighbor had the same problem a few years ago and after contacting the city engineer and getting a badly described location, I finally located the riser after following the buried cable and once located I used my old shop vac to suck out all the gravel.
It worked like a charm, but what a mess when I reached the bottom.
Better a well driller then a sewer worker.

On the flip side of the coin, my sewer started backing up the other day, right after Frontier Communications installed an underground fiber optic cable to my next door neighbors house.
They used one of those horizontal drilling machines and managed to bore straight through my sewer pipe clean out riser and in the process manage to fill the 5' vertical pipe with gravel.
I didn't even know the city had installed the riser on the property line back in 2007 when they repaired the main sewer line.
I remembered a neighbor had the same problem a few years ago and after contacting the city engineer and getting a badly described location, I finally located the riser after following the buried cable and once located I used my old shop vac to suck out all the gravel.
It worked like a charm, but what a mess when I reached the bottom.
Better a well driller then a sewer worker.

OMG.... poop! :s0170:

Well, it looks like a new well is in my future. Talked to a well driller and discussed options.
He agreed my well is most likely plugged and the screen at the bottom is probably rotted away and allowing the sand and silt to fill the casing. I could clean it out but it would most likely fill in again in a few months. Up side is the drilling is easy here with virtually no rock and he is going to simply double my depth to 35'. It will have a submersible pump and can be tied into my existing pump house. Price is considerably less than I thought so this is going to be the most practical option. It will be new, with modern components and only 4" in diameter. I meet with the well driller tomorrow to begin the 'survey'.
You are lucky. The community well where my cabin is runs over 900ft. They had to drill it a little deeper a few years back. All kinds of substrate in that 900+ ft of earth.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top