JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Who wins between a German Shepard, and doberman. Meaning who's tougher, and better all around dog?

I love starting a which dog is better or tougher decision.

Love of pets runs deep...

Last Edited:
Who knows! A GSD has a bite pressure of more than 3,600 PSI, IIRC!
I know how Dobermans fight in the open! They let the opponent charge and at the last mili-second side step. Dobe's can turn 180* in they're own body length so they side step, spin, match speed with their attacker (easy for Dobes) and slash at their flanks for several feet. Then repeat until the other dog slows enough for the throat grab. Finis!
This was how my first Doberman, Roxie, 77# female beat the,
"Terror of Laurlhurst Park!" A huge, mean azzed St. Bernard. She would have killed him if I hadn't called her out! Dogs owner was a bit upset, especially, after I told him that he was the whole problem with his mean dog, and I would absolutely adore to kick his azz into protoplasm. I still hate that guy and feel so sorry for his dog!
Anyway, in my experience that's how Dobe's fight! Seen it a couple of times!

A guy was telling me a 4-5 yo male dobie came after his 9mo old malamute. He told the guy he should call his dog,guy just look at him stupid and let the dog attack.
The Dobie grabbed the malamute by the throat and the malamute commenced to shred the dobies shoulder.
Letting your dog fight for any reason except to protect you or a loved one is just stupid. If the other dog isn't attacking a person the fight should be stopped before it happens.
If you can't stop the fight you shouldn't have a dog

My brothers love to teach there dogs to fight. My dogs are always fun and extremely friendly.
I would lik to have a guard type dog next.
I have liked the Belgium malenwa(spelling) for a long time.
I also like the Trvaren Shepard.

A guy was telling me a 4-5 yo male dobie came after his 9mo old malamute. He told the guy he should call his dog,guy just look at him stupid and let the dog attack.
The Dobie grabbed the malamute by the throat and the malamute commenced to shred the dobies shoulder.
Letting your dog fight for any reason except to protect you or a loved one is just stupid. If the other dog isn't attacking a person the fight should be stopped before it happens.
If you can't stop the fight you shouldn't have a dog

I hear you Skwim! I was 50-60 yards away. I got her out as fast as possible! She didn't have a mark on her BTW.

Last Edited:
You are exactly right. The look in my dog's eyes when I tried to do his ears. I will never forget. He had that please stop the pain look. I totally melted.

I will never have a dogs ears cut again. Our opinion is, better the dog looks goofy than suffer that much! Sure they are beautiful, looking all alert! Not worth it to me! I generally adopt young adults, if her ears are clipped I can live with that!

I hear you Skwim! I was 50-60 yards away. I got her out as fast as possible! She didn't have a mark on her BTW.

Another BTW, "Out" is a command you and your dog must master! Meaning drop the fight and get out! I can't actually tell you how to do it, my dogs are well trained and we are finely attuned to each other. A couple of skirmishes ended by an out command and the dog's got it! You have to have her back when she retreats!

Man, I'm green with envy at MrBlondes great good fortune in acquiring Roxann! Beautiful pup!

Last Edited:
Remember,once you teach them the guard dog stuff,it can be hard to turn it off.
Sometimes their natural instincts is the best way to go
Our two Pommeranians, I know go ahead and laugh, :s0140: but we just let them be and they are the best ''Alarm'' to have ! I want an American Staffordshire but our Homeowners insurance will not cover us if we have one. Our smallest Pom has the heart n soul of a ferocious Lion :s0026:towards strangers and other dogs. If she was a Staffordshire a Burglar would be chewed into Ground Beef ! :s0072:

I don't want an attack dog cause I know what would happen when someone's dog attacked me.
And I would never wish that on any dog
When I was born, my mom was given a trained German Shepard. She was so protective of me, my dad could not even raise his voice if I was being bad. By the time I was 3 or 4, they had to give her away cause I was starting to play with other kids and they were afraid if I ever cried around them, she would be over the fence and eating a kid.
It was nice though being able to ride around on her back in the back yard.

Another BTW, "Out" is a command you and your dog must master! Meaning drop the fight and get out! I can't actually tell you how to do it, my dogs are well trained and we are finely attuned to each other. A couple of skirmishes ended by an out command and the dog's got it! You have to have her back when she retreats!

Man, I'm green with envy at MrBlondes great good fortune in acquiring Roxann! Beautiful pup!

I agree with the "out" command. I use that when I am training the dog and when the training is over and it is his time, I will give that command. He gets all excited knowing he can go do his thing.

I will never have a dogs ears cut again. Our opinion is, better the dog looks goofy than suffer that much! Sure they are beautiful, looking all alert! Not worth it to me! I generally adopt young adults, if her ears are clipped I can live with that!

That's cool. To each there own. Dobe's are the only dog I would do that to anyway. In my opinion, a Dobe is not a Dobe unless it's ears are cut. If I want floppy ears on a dog, I will go buy a German shorthair.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top