JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello to all,
I am new to AK's. Have Romanian Century Wasr. Noticed when firing that the brass had a dent across the brass about half way down. It this normal or something I should be concerned with. I don't reload at this time. Thanks for any responses.
rhtwist

Hello dan147,
Glad to here that it is normal. The easiest range I can get to is a Bass Pro and they only allow non-magnetic bullets. So far I've only been able to find Fiocchi FMJ that have a copper and lead bullet. Do you know of any alternatives? Stocking up some Silver Bear, when I decide to head out to the rifle range that is outdoors. Thanks for your response.
rhtwist

Hello sweetbeard,
Of course, that IS the correct sensible answer. But I've never been accused of being correct or sensible. I noticed it says Ex AK fanboy in your title, if I may ask why is that? Thanks BTW for responding.
rhtwist

Hello dan147,
Glad to here that it is normal. The easiest range I can get to is a Bass Pro and they only allow non-magnetic bullets. So far I've only been able to find Fiocchi FMJ that have a copper and lead bullet. Do you know of any alternatives? Stocking up some Silver Bear, when I decide to head out to the rifle range that is outdoors. Thanks for your response.
rhtwist

Yugo surplus is lead core, copper jacket....and SMELLY :D

We have a "no steel in the ammo" requirement for our Practical Rifle matches, most of the AK guys are using this. Wolf used to import 124 grain copper jacket x39, which I used for a couple of years, but it's been a while since I've seen it.

Howdy Gentlemen,
Mine which is also a WASR 10/63 leaves a dent in the side. In reference to the Yugo ammo I'm suprised and will have to look some up. Know of any resource for the Yugo. All the Wolf I've seen has been bimetal and won't pass the magnet. Thanks for the information.
rhtwist

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads