J&B Firearm Sales
Oregon Arms & Ammunition
Oregon Rifleworks
Landhawk Arms
Low Price Guns

New WASR denting ejected brass

Reactions
Hello to all,
I am new to AK's. Have Romanian Century Wasr. Noticed when firing that the brass had a dent across the brass about half way down. It this normal or something I should be concerned with. I don't reload at this time. Thanks for any responses.
rhtwist

OP
R
Reactions
Hello dan147,
Glad to here that it is normal. The easiest range I can get to is a Bass Pro and they only allow non-magnetic bullets. So far I've only been able to find Fiocchi FMJ that have a copper and lead bullet. Do you know of any alternatives? Stocking up some Silver Bear, when I decide to head out to the rifle range that is outdoors. Thanks for your response.
rhtwist

OP
R
Reactions
Hello sweetbeard,
Of course, that IS the correct sensible answer. But I've never been accused of being correct or sensible. I noticed it says Ex AK fanboy in your title, if I may ask why is that? Thanks BTW for responding.
rhtwist

OP
R
Reactions
Sounds like an very unpleasant experience, was just wondering if you were a convert to some other platform? Take care and good luck.
rhtwist

Reactions
(he may have converted to an AR platform)

It is normal to dent the brass, when I hand loaded for my wasr-10, I was lucky in that it didnt really dent at all.

Reactions
Hello dan147,
Glad to here that it is normal. The easiest range I can get to is a Bass Pro and they only allow non-magnetic bullets. So far I've only been able to find Fiocchi FMJ that have a copper and lead bullet. Do you know of any alternatives? Stocking up some Silver Bear, when I decide to head out to the rifle range that is outdoors. Thanks for your response.
rhtwist

Yugo surplus is lead core, copper jacket....and SMELLY :D

We have a "no steel in the ammo" requirement for our Practical Rifle matches, most of the AK guys are using this. Wolf used to import 124 grain copper jacket x39, which I used for a couple of years, but it's been a while since I've seen it.

OP
R
Reactions
Howdy Gentlemen,
Mine which is also a WASR 10/63 leaves a dent in the side. In reference to the Yugo ammo I'm suprised and will have to look some up. Know of any resource for the Yugo. All the Wolf I've seen has been bimetal and won't pass the magnet. Thanks for the information.
rhtwist

OP
R
Reactions
Well found the Yugo, thanks as well as the copper jacketed wolf. Happy days, specially if I had a lot of money. Anyway thanks for the heads up.
rhtwist

UPCOMING EVENTS

Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun - Pistol April 4th
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun - Rifle April 5th
Cerberus Training Group
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder - April 25-26th
Cerberus Training Group

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Supporting Vendor Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    This is the closest gun close to my house and they have always been super nice. I have bought two guns off them and sold one of mine to them.
    • storminnorm44
  • Supporting Vendor Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    Went in to pick up some parts for an AR style 10/22 and to start my journey into building an AR by picking up a lower. Staff was super helpful and...
    • Hueco
  • Tri-County Gun Club
    5.00 star(s)
    I've been a member for 6 years, been shooting there (as a guest) for three years before that. I found the Ladies League and was hooked. It's the...
    • PacwestDefense
  • Barkley's Buy-Sell-Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    I have been patronizing this pawn shop for a few years now. Very happy with the deals I find, both firearm and other. Prices for transfers are...
    • trekkerpaul
  • Sharp Shooting Indoor Range & Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    So far I have bought 2 new Sig p938 pistols and a marlin golden 39A from sharp shooting.the staff is very helpfull, nice shooting range,lots of...
    • Xrperry

SUPPORT NORTHWEST FIREARMS