Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

New WASR denting ejected brass

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Gunsmithing' started by rhtwist, Nov 20, 2008.

1. rhtwist

rhtwist South Florida Member

Hello to all,
    I am new to AK's. Have Romanian Century Wasr. Noticed when firing that the brass had a dent across the brass about half way down. It this normal or something I should be concerned with. I don't reload at this time. Thanks for any responses.
    rhtwist

2. dan147

dan147 Helvetia, OR Member

normal, my friends PSL does the same, and many AK's i have seen do the same.

3. dan147

dan147 Helvetia, OR Member

and why would you shoot BRASS though a AK? you should be shooting steel case.

4. rhtwist

Hello dan147,
    Glad to here that it is normal. The easiest range I can get to is a Bass Pro and they only allow non-magnetic bullets. So far I've only been able to find Fiocchi FMJ that have a copper and lead bullet. Do you know of any alternatives? Stocking up some Silver Bear, when I decide to head out to the rifle range that is outdoors. Thanks for your response.
    rhtwist

5. sweetbeard

sweetbeard Beavertown OreGUN! New Member

Yes I have an idea.. spend more on gas and got to one of the outdoor shooting areas listed..

That will give you more trigger time.. And access to cheaper ammo .

6. rhtwist

Hello sweetbeard,
    Of course, that IS the correct sensible answer. But I've never been accused of being correct or sensible. I noticed it says Ex AK fanboy in your title, if I may ask why is that? Thanks BTW for responding.
    rhtwist

7. sweetbeard

sweetbeard Beavertown OreGUN! New Member

I sold all my guns... sad story really..

Sorry I couldn't have been more helpfull with my answer.. I love to shoot for FREE!

8. rhtwist

Sounds like an very unpleasant experience, was just wondering if you were a convert to some other platform? Take care and good luck.
    rhtwist

9. PhysicsGuy

PhysicsGuy Corvallis, OR Resident Science Nut

(he may have converted to an AR platform)

It is normal to dent the brass, when I hand loaded for my wasr-10, I was lucky in that it didnt really dent at all.

10. Unka-Boo

Unka-Boo Milwaukie Active Member

Yugo surplus is lead core, copper jacket....and SMELLY :D

We have a "no steel in the ammo" requirement for our Practical Rifle matches, most of the AK guys are using this. Wolf used to import 124 grain copper jacket x39, which I used for a couple of years, but it's been a while since I've seen it.

11. rhtwist

Howdy Gentlemen,
    Mine which is also a WASR 10/63 leaves a dent in the side. In reference to the Yugo ammo I'm suprised and will have to look some up. Know of any resource for the Yugo. All the Wolf I've seen has been bimetal and won't pass the magnet. Thanks for the information.
    rhtwist

12. jib

jib Central OR Active Member

:paranoid: Did you really sell all your guns ? Or are you suffering from P.O.T. ?....................Post Obama Trauma :huh:

13. rhtwist

Well found the Yugo, thanks as well as the copper jacketed wolf. Happy days, specially if I had a lot of money. Anyway thanks for the heads up.
    rhtwist