JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The burden is mostly postage, paper, envelops, printer ink and DVD-R's. Real letters in legal sized envelops are much better than e-mail. The best way to help is for others to send their own letters to the legislators. A grass roots movement is much more effective than a few people saturating the legislators with lots of letters.
Please help by sending your own letters and encouraging others to do so.

My "burden" is only that in name. I budgeted a certain amount to lobby as to not interfere with the other things I do such as travel and shooting. Thanks for the offer.

Ranb

Ranb, keep up the good work! I live in Oregon and own both a suppressor and a short barreled rifle and my wife wants us to retire in Washington to be closer to our daughter. I'd sure hate to see her go north without me cause I'm not about to give up my toys! Get those laws through!!!!! :s0155: Captqc

RandB,

I've been on the sidelines ghosting through and reading what you have done. Good work. I don't own a suppressor for the simple reason that I don't want to drive to Oregon or Idaho or other states to shoot. I'm looking at writing Rep Dammeier, Rep Morrell and Sen Kastama concerning this one. Have you heard from either or these two as of yet? I do have my primary concerns being that Sen Kline or someone else will try to attach a AW Ban to this just to get their end around it. Have you talked to them about maybe adding what the Feds have in a 30 year mandatory sentence for use of a silencer in a felony crime or would the confuse the issue?

Thanks.

I tried to get words put in to allow the use of devices that are not attached to the gun, but the bill sponsors did not go for it. I think simple is the way to go here. I will go after other devices not attached later on if silencer use is made legal.

I wrote to Morrell, but never got an answer. I have not written to Kastama. I think I wrote to Dammeier, but did not get an answer either.

I do not know why, but it appears that Kline is going to play it straight this time, but I may be dreaming. I will know more if I am able to talk to Kline's policy staff director. Another forum member is trying to put me in touch with him.

I think adding stiff sentences to illegal silencer use is a bad idea. It gives people the idea that silencers are inherently bad, when they are merely mufflers for guns.

Ranb

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top