JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I agree that the armorer is ultimately at fault from a professional standpoint, but obviously Baldwin pulled the trigger. Since it was the armorers' entire responsibility to make sure that the use of the firearm on set was safe. Any touching of the gun prior to filming should have been done completely in the supervision of the armorer, and there should have been 0 live ammunition on set.

That armorer looked/sounded like a total idiot who was promoted to her position to fulfill a diversity quota and competence wasn't a hiring requirement.

I know, I get it, "you pick up a gun, you are responsible for it… yada yada yada" - but that is not movie production. Actors who hold guns in movies are not "gun people." It's a prop. They literally take classes to learn how not to look like a total idiot holding the gun - but they still don't know the difference between wad cutters and blanks.

Baldwin is a major jack bubblegum, I don't like him, I don't care about him, but regarding whose at fault. The professional responsibility of avoiding that outcome was the armorers. Baldwin is of course the one who pulled the trigger, but that typically would be a non-issue if the armorer had been competent.

(Just a guy who regularly sees dummy rounds with no primers in movies and can understand what the point of having the armorer on the movie set is for)

Alec Baldwin settles dead lady lawsuit with her family

Alec Baldwin settles dead lady lawsuit with her family

So is he off the hook now since the dead lady's family presumably isn't pressing charges?

Sorry Baldwin, had to take the cheap shot. 😎

5819591B-AC2B-4983-B72A-94609663A88B.jpeg

FWIW, it looks like they are gonna finish making the movie. After all this hoopla I am curious as to what it is about.
No F'ing way am I giving that movie my money or time. Let all the curiousity and freeway accident watchers burn themselves out.... disgusting phenomena!!!

Hadn't seen that video before. Re how he pulled the trigger, to me it's obvious now looking at that draw stroke. He pulls the gun out and points it, then completely re-grips the gun.

Doing a double grip like that naturally causes all fingers to squeeze, including the trigger finger. Note that I'm purposely ignoring all the other various and sundry safety issues, I'm just talking about how his finger pulled the trigger. Even the motion of the gun itself in that double gripping thing is enough to set off a light trigger if his finger is near it or resting on it. The gun is even moving sideways as he does the double grip thing. Looks to me kind of like he is cocking the hammer and then does the double grip thing when his thumb goes back down or something.

Similar thing happened with that idiot fbi guy on the dance floor. When he picked up the gun there is a natural gripping motion where the fingers squeeze the trigger as part of the gripping motion.

Col Cooper explains it best:

Last Edited:
What happened to the "locking guns up"? Why was the 'crew' allowed to 'shoot' live ammo? I know, I know it's all about the $$$! So the responsibility and accountability rests with ALL who give air to the Hollywood culture. Security by obscurity does work, so do boycotts!
This!

Thank you.

Cate

No F'ing way am I giving that movie my money or time. Let all the curiousity and freeway accident watchers burn themselves out.... disgusting phenomena!!!
This!

Thank you.

Blessings to you and your wife. Take care!

Cate
PS: We weeded out aka donated some more STUFF to the library. Stuff = a few more books but mainly some more films and shows.

Re: Holly-weird - I will open up my message thing and send you some information over the weekend if I have time to TYPE it all out to you.

The apple fell quite far from Thell Reed's tree. He is legendary. She is infamous.
Good point, and apples can roll quite a way.

Said it before, but in this day and age, and with Hollywood budgets, why is a "firearm" capable of actually firing live ammunition on any film set? There are so many options that would eliminate the possibility of this happening but I'm sure it's cheaper to use a real gun with blanks. No doubt someone uttered the famous words after this happened, "But we have always done it this way." How's that working for ya Alex?

This!

Thank you.

Blessings to you and your wife. Take care!

Cate
PS: We weeded out aka donated some more STUFF to the library. Stuff = a few more books but mainly some more films and shows.

Re: Holly-weird - I will open up my message thing and send you some information over the weekend if I have time to TYPE it all out to you.
Thanx Cate!

Lots of news for you... let's PM

bb

Hadn't seen that video before. Re how he pulled the trigger, to me it's obvious now looking at that draw stroke. He pulls the gun out and points it, then completely re-grips the gun.

Doing a double grip like that naturally causes all fingers to squeeze, including the trigger finger. Note that I'm purposely ignoring all the other various and sundry safety issues, I'm just talking about how his finger pulled the trigger. Even the motion of the gun itself in that double gripping thing is enough to set off a light trigger if his finger is near it or resting on it. The gun is even moving sideways as he does the double grip thing. Looks to me kind of like he is cocking the hammer and then does the double grip thing when his thumb goes back down or something.

Similar thing happened with that idiot fbi guy on the dance floor. When he picked up the gun there is a natural gripping motion where the fingers squeeze the trigger as part of the gripping motion.

Col Cooper explains it best:

His finger is clearly on the trigger when the gun fires.

1665167706884.png

"Actor Alec Baldwin sued the armorer, weapons supplier, first assistant director and prop master on the movie "Rust" for negligence after he accidentally shot and killed cinematographer Halyna Hutchins.

"Baldwin and his attorney pulled from text messages, FBI analysis and other parts of the investigation into the shooting to claim that the crew members and supplier were negligent in their use of the weapons and ammunition and put the actor at risk.

Jason Bowles, attorney for "Rust" armorer Hannah Gutierrez Reed, said he was reviewing the complaint, which was first reported on by the New York Times.

Among Baldwin's allegations are that Gutierrez Reed had been drinking and using marijuana away from the set..."

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top