JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Been lurking for a bit now. Figured I'd register and say hello =)

Thinking about taking a gun safety class with my wife before buying. Never really considered buying one until I heard about the weapons ban. Just doesn't make much sense to me, or my wife. Gun have always been on the back burner till now. Thought what best way to protest it than buy one =P

When budget permits, was thinking of going with a colt 6920, glock 19 and maybe a smaller .22

Always been a bit shy about guns. I think my main concern is I'm disabled (arthritis since very young) and thinking that might cause a problem. Hand strength seems to be limited for me.
At any rate, I suppose starting with a class might be enough to see if I'm even capable of pulling the trigger xD

I have to say I have zero experience with Arthritis so I am afraid I am of no help with specific handgun recommendations. What I can do is say welcome aboard. So far NW Firearms has been very informative and helpful to me. Recently they helped me with a buying decision that allowed me to make an informed decision on a handgun.

I expect you will receive the same type of feedback.

Taking a class is a great place to start. I have been shooting since I was 10 and still learn things every time I take a class and reinforce the safety rules.
When choosing a firearm, my recommendation is to handle as many as you can. See what feels right in your hand. Too small or too large make getting a proper grip difficult. Then try shooting several of the models you like. A competent gunsmith can adjust the trigger weight to accommodate you, to a degree. But I stress 'competent'. Going too low on the trigger weight can be very dangerous.
Welcome.

Always been a bit shy about guns. I think my main concern is I'm disabled (arthritis since very young) and thinking that might cause a problem. Hand strength seems to be limited for me.
At any rate, I suppose starting with a class might be enough to see if I'm even capable of pulling the trigger xD

Check out the thread listed under "General Firearms Discussion" titled "80 year old mother in law wants a home defense handgun".

The topic is requesting help choosing a handgun that will be user friendly to someone who has arthritis.

Check it.:)

Welcome!
there are lots of choices out there.. And some might be a great fit for you!
A revolver might be a good choice for you and there are lots of good deals around for a revolver at this time.

ask questions!

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Is there a range where you can try multiple guns (and fire off a few rounds) for a low price? Only range I know of is baron's den.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Is there a range where you can try multiple guns (and fire off a few rounds) for a low price? Only range I know of is baron's den.

I don't know about the Eugene area but Baron's is the only spot I could find on google that rents handguns. Might be worth looking in the firearms business forum. I've reviewed shooting ranges closer to me.

Yeah might want to stick with a 22 @ first rather than the 5.56/223 or glock. It's prob best to do what all these guys said, take a course and get the feel first.

Either way, Welcome and happy to have you

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads