JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

WASHINGTON, D.C. -(Ammoland.com)- Last month, AmmoLand News posted about the new anti-gun policies of shipping giant UPS. Now it appears that the common carrier is stepping up its anti-gun programs.

Firearms sellers started to receive a new agreement that they must sign to ship firearms through UPS. The letter contains new provisions in addition to the requirements announced last month. The most concerning of these new regulations is that UPS requires gun companies to turn over customer data and must allow UPS access to review and examine the shipper's books and records relevant to the products being shipped upon request. The shipper must also provide UPS with invoices for any firearms-related products.

Most disturbing is that UPS has sole and unlimited discretion over what documents they can require the shippers to turn over. This new policy gives UPS the unlimited power and discretion to examine and review any customer documents related to firearms sales. The shipper also must agree to turn over any documents UPS requests within five business days or risk the termination of their shipping accounts. UPS says It will use its newfound power to audit the books to ensure compliance with its new policies.

UPS doesn't tell customers whether the shipping company will keep customer information secure. The new UPS policy grants itself sole discretion to decide what it can examine and do with the data. Most customers do not want their private information given to anyone, especially a company that has made several recent anti-gun moves, including threatening to seize legal gun parts from one Florida seller.

UPS customers that ship firearms must also develop and implement a compliance program to ensure all employees of the shipper comply with all firearms laws and UPS policies. Not only do employees involved with shipping have to take the course, but anyone who works in sales or marketing must also complete the training. The company's training must be "regarding lawful recipients, possessors, and purchasers of Firearm Products." The compliance program must also teach "due diligence regarding customer licensure or authorization to receive, possess, and purchase Firearm Products under applicable federal, state, or local law." The company must also implement a "self-assessment" of the compliance program to "guarantee its effectiveness."

These new policies and the UPS policy requiring most gun sellers to use overnight air shipping for handguns instead of the standard two-day shipping will hurt online sales. Most people use online gun seller's websites to save money on firearms, but those savings disappear because of the increased shipping price. Also, some online sellers are concerned with a private company being able to audit their books. One unnamed seller worried that this could be the end of internet gun sales.

The recent issues with "woke" credit card companies can be defeated by using things like 2AGateway's cryptocurrency payment gateway that can take various cryptos instead of credit cards, or TUSC which is specific coin marketed for the firearms market. Beating anti-gun shipping companies will be a lot harder to do. The startup cost for a pro-gun competitor to UPS and FedEx would be enormous. Congress might be the only chance to reverse UPS's and FedEx's policies against gun sellers, but there is no guarantee that they will push back on these new discriminatory policies.

With shipping companies implementing anti-gun policies, it leaves gun buyers to seek alternatives to the online marketplace.

Timely post, I just went through this rigmarole w/ UPS. In addition to being able to audit your books, they will force you to ship all firearms and firearms parts under two separate account numbers, which cannot be used for other lines of business. You must also do enough volume with UPS for daily pickup, as firearms shipments cannot be dropped at the distribution center. They made it so difficult on us, I told my UPS rep I'm not interested in signing their "firearms agreement" and I won't be using UPS to ship firearms.

For anyone else who is an FFL, I've had very good luck w/ USPS. Their prices are reasonable, the paperwork is reasonable, and the people behind the counter frequently are veterans who don't get nervous around firearms.

Last Edited:
They made it so difficult on us, I told my UPS rep I'm not interested in signing their "firearms agreement" and I won't be using UPS to ship firearms.
This is the exact outcome they want with this new program. Make it such a PITA, a part of business they feel is beneath them just goes away and they get to revel in their moral superiority.

They know damn well no firearms business is going to sign up for this nonsense.

To make matters worst, I just shipped a gun today using the services of ShipMyGun.com (SMG), while the drop off went well, there was a sign posted outside of the Hillsboro UPS Customer Service Center (CSC) stating that location will be closing its CSC indefinitely as of Oct.31, 2022. The personnel at the counter stated it is actually a national closure of about 90% CSC.

Fellas, shipping a gun just got harder. I wonder how SMG will handle this because you cannot drop off the packages at the UPS Store.

As many guns as get shipped daily? Sounds like this is just waiting for someone to start a new service to take the customers UPS has decided they no longer want. I know when Amazon pulled most of their business from UPS a while back that had to be a hell of a shock to their bottom line. Sounds like they are trying to take another hit here so let them.

UPS, aka 'Big Brown' has a new logo:

Screenshot 2022-10-29 at 1.11.53 PM.png

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top