JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Yesterday afternoon, I stopped by my local UPS customer center in Tualatin (not UPS store) to drop off some ammo I recently sold to another member here. Exactly like I have a dozen times before in the past

The employee behind the counter refused to accept my package, and told me I'll have to schedule a pickup instead. Asked why, and he said he had received an alert on his computer about a new rule that just went into effect the same day regarding "shipping firearms and firearm parts", and didnt want to take any chances shipping ammunition, as the rule is quite vague as to what exactly is now prohibited. Tried to argue that ammo isn't a firearm part it shouldn't be an issue, but he wouldn't budge at all.

So now I have little option but to pay to have it picked up from my place... Don't know if ammo is actually prohibited from being shipped at the UPS center as of now, or it's just a case of one employee being overly cautious. This new rule is a total load of bullbubblegum either way if you ask me.

Just a heads up to any of you shipping firearms, parts, or ammo through UPS, that they might not accept your shipment under their new rule.

Anybody here work at UPS or and know anything about this?

full-2100-149034-img_7873.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong, but IT'S A FREAKING BOX, JUST A BOX!! ARE UPS EMPLOYEES PSYCHIC? Can they discern the contents of each of a bazillion boxes (yes I know "bazillion" isn't a real number), all sorts of things get shipped every day, ,some harmless, some illicit, heavens to betsy, who knew?

Received ammo from family in Florida via UPS. No hazmat label required. No declaration of content. Just had to ship from UPS and not a subcontractor store.

Lie….. That's what I do. Haha. It's none of their business what I am shipping.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but IT'S A FREAKING BOX, JUST A BOX!! ARE UPS EMPLOYEES PSYCHIC? Can they discern the contents of each of a bazillion boxes (yes I know "bazillion" isn't a real number), all sorts of things get shipped every day, ,some harmless, some illicit, heavens to betsy, who knew?
Exactly. These arent gun parts! They're uhhhh, parts for a machine! Or something like that

I provided this link to Florida family from UPS. They called before trying to ship. At least from the specific location (Florida) UPS did not require partial Black Diamond/Triangle visibly applied to exterior of package. Other family members in Washington, Alaska and Texas received similar packages. This has occurred last year and prior year.

Looks like you have to be a licensed dealer to ship via UPS now. Following is from their website.

UPS accepts packages containing firearms (as defined by Title 18, Chapter 44, and Title 26, Chapter 53 of the United States Code) and firearm parts that do not constitute firearms as defined by federal law (together, "Firearm Products") for shipment only as a contractual service and only from Shippers who are licensed importers, licensed manufacturers, licensed dealers, or licensed collectors (as defined in Title 18, Chapter 44 of the United States Code) to authorized recipients, as outlined in the approved UPS agreement for the transportation of Firearm Products.

There were no changes to the requirements for shipping ammunition.

I just got back from UPS, shipped 1000 rounds of 9mm to Texas. It was business as usual. They did mention the gun thing to me but I'm not that kind of FFL so no issue for me. I declared it as ammo and had the black diamond on it.

I just got back from UPS, shipped 1000 rounds of 9mm to Texas. It was business as usual. They did mention the gun thing to me but I'm not that kind of FFL so no issue for me. I declared it as ammo and had the black diamond on it.
That's good to hear! Hopefully my local hub will do the same

Huh I just shipped a pistol back to Beretta last week at the ups facility on highway 34. At the time I asked what I could NOT ship as individual IE primers, powder , ammo ,guns and was told I can ship anything I please as long as it is properly labeled etc (hazmat). I was under the impression powder and primers were no longer allowed by individuals.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top