JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have read that the UPS stores were refusing to ship firearm related items and I was curious if they had the same feelings about receiving firearm packages for customer pick ups.
I assume the same works for receipts too. I also assume that their goal is to keep all thing firearms out of the "stores".

I have read that the UPS stores were refusing to ship firearm related items and I was curious if they had the same feelings about receiving firearm related packages for customer pick ups.
Those "store front" UPS shops have LONG had a problem with shipping guns. They would almost all tell you, that you had to go to one of the Hubs. Now parts? Why would anyone tell them what was in the package? Unless they are trying to get them to say no so they can get all bent out of shape? When taking a package to them to ship ask yourself, is this something I can buy mail order? If so why tell some counter person anything with the word "gun" in it. While back I sent an AR upper to a supporting member here. I went to one of the UPS store fronts. When they asked me what was in the box I told them it was parts for a door. I can about guarantee if I has said anything with the word gun in it they would have balked.

Those "store front" UPS shops have LONG had a problem with shipping guns. They would almost all tell you, that you had to go to one of the Hubs. Now parts? Why would anyone tell them what was in the package? Unless they are trying to get them to say no so they can get all bent out of shape? When taking a package to them to ship ask yourself, is this something I can buy mail order? If so why tell some counter person anything with the word "gun" in it. While back I sent an AR upper to a supporting member here. I went to one of the UPS store fronts. When they asked me what was in the box I told them it was parts for a door. I can about guarantee if I has said anything with the word gun in it they would have balked.
A received package could be less discreet depending on contents and the name of the company who shipped it.

Consumables.

That said, I always thought that ammo required a Hazmat label/classification?
Ammo and primers are supposed to be marked with an black diamond.
20230512_170854.jpg

Consumables.

That said, I always thought that ammo required a Hazmat label/classification?
Not the same as primers or powder but it does have a label and every time I buy it says on the label that it is ammo. Now I have never yet tried to ship ammo myself to someone else. I would "guess" this would often set off alarms with the counter people are the pack n ship joints

Not the same as primers or powder but it does have a label and every time I buy it says on the label that it is ammo. Now I have never yet tried to ship ammo myself to someone else. I would "guess" this would often set off alarms with the counter people are the pack n ship joints
I have had ammo, primers and powder shipped to an address that is not my residence or my billing address by suppliers. One time I had a company question it and I had to call to verify that it was intentional and I explained why I was doing it (porch pirate problem at home address).

Last Edited:
I have shipped ammo, primers and powder to an address that is not my residence or my billing address. One time I had a company question it and I had to call to verify that it was intentional and I explained why I was doing it (porch pirate problem at home address).
Was it one of the "pack n ship" joints or the main hub? The problems here are almost always those strip mall stores that are not actually part of FedEx or UPS. Its very common for the staff there to just have no real clue what the rules even are.

Was it one of the "pack n ship" joints or the main hub? The problems here are almost always those strip mall stores that are not actually part of FedEx or UPS. Its very common for the staff there to just have no real clue what the rules even are.
Sorry I have misspoke I have had those products shipped to me from companies I purchased them from.

Ammo has to be labeled with the black diamond and has to be shipped from a hub, not a store but are not treated as Haz-met. Primers and powders are Haz-met and can only be shipped from someone with Haz-met training/ certification. When I ship my ammo it goes ground only to a street address, I'm not sure if a "realstreet address" at a UPS store would qualify. When I receive my powder and primers there is tape on the package that says what class of Haz-met is in the package and there is a special haz-met packet as well as a regular shipping documents packet on the box.

Edited to add: The wholsalers are only aloud to ship so many pounds of powder and so many primers per truck/trailer or else it has to go point to point in a one load only explosives truck.

Last Edited:
Sorry I have misspoke I have had those products shipped to me from companies I purchased them from.
OK that I have been doing since they made it legal for us to buy ammo this way again. Companies that sell it have some kind of accounts with the shipper they use. Now what will happen if you walk in wanting to ship ammo is where it would most likely cause at least some questions.
Panic shortage before this one I had .22 ammo coming weekly from Academy. There price to my door was the same or cheaper than Wally here when Wally had it. I often used to wonder how they made any money off it with them paying the shipping. Have to guess they got some kind of DEEP discount from FedEx since they used them so much. They would only let me buy 500 rounds at a time and they paid shipping with it still being cheaper than the Wally here who of course never had the ammo for more than :10 after it hit the shelf.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top