1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. The lucky winners of the NWFA Fall Giveaway 2016 have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice

New twist on a classic song

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by mkwerx, Apr 18, 2016.

1. mkwerx

mkwerx Forest Grove, OR Well-Known Member

So I got turned on to a new cover of a classic song today - I was blown away by how good it was. I'm not much of a metal / hard rock guy - there's some I dig, but I usually stick to plain ol' rock & roll and country. I'm a bigger fan of the stuff prior to the 1980's than I am of "todays" music.

Big fan of Simon & Garfunkel's stuff, and anyone who's ever heard music probably knows The Sound of Silence. A metal band called Disturbed covered it - and holy crap is it good. They kept the instrumentals low key - and mostly focused on the vocals and the lead singer has one hell of a voice.

Pretty rare that a cover is as good as the original - but I'd put this version right up with S&G's version, if not a bit better - at least to my ears.

The video is the performance they gave on Conan O'Brien's show recently.

Logan Wilson, albin25 and x2ndxall like this.
  2. Dyjital

Dyjital Albany, Ore Flavorite Member Bronze Supporter

I've also appreciated their cover of Land of Confusion. (With a quality system it sounds great)

3. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Posted the official video in the music thread last week I think.