Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

New twist in Pilchuck HS shooting

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Dave Workman, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

206thsense, 308 and boogerhook like this.
  2. pdrake

pdrake WA Active Member

Dave, you quote Rep. McCoy in the article:

"The Seattle Times quoted an Associated Press story that said State Sen. John McCoy, a member of the Tulalip Tribes “didn’t know Fryberg had been subject to a restraining order.” “That’s exceptionally troublesome to me,” McCoy told a reporter. “It points me to the issue we’ve been arguing about in the state, that people are not going to tell the truth when they fill out the forms to buy a gun, so maybe we should have a registry of people who are subject to these orders. That’ll be more fodder for discussion.”

Rep. McCoy (being not only a tribal member but also a fairly powerful Democratic House member) might have some sway. Why not take him up on this? Surely a public registry of prohibited persons is preferable to I-594??

mjbskwim likes this.
  3. 308

308 ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

What a shocker.

4. 206thsense

206thsense Seattle, WA, USA Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

And 594 wouldn't have done jack. So what's the answer according to anti-gunners?

Pass even more useless laws! YAY!

SMH

5. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

6. PiratePast40

PiratePast40 Willamette Valley Well-Known Member

Wondering just what is involved in obtaining a restraining order. And in this case, a permanent restraining order. Does there need to be proof of intent to cause physical harm? Does there need to be proof of prior behavior involving physical harm?

It just seems odd that a persons constitutional rights can be taken away for life without the commission of a crime, being accused of a crime, or being arrested.

7. boogerhook

boogerhook Seattle Well-Known Member

I think I read somewhere that he violated the terms of his probation - he must have had some prior DV incidents.

8. PiratePast40

PiratePast40 Willamette Valley Well-Known Member

^^^ that would make sense, as long as there was a actual crime and finding of guilt.

9. boogerhook

boogerhook Seattle Well-Known Member

10. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter