JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm having a heck of a time deciding what to do. I have a 2000 S10 that's my daily driver and work truck. I've had it for 17 years and it's not worn out, but I'm tired of no A/C and want something new. I also have a 2004 extended cab 2500HD Duramax with a camper that we bought new. It has about 80k on it and is in excellent condition. Do I buy a new small truck? Buy a new diesel rig and use the Duramax as a daily driver? I could also sell them both and get enough money to buy a new small truck and then buy a new diesel rig? I'm inclined to buy a base model Toyota 4x4 and call it done.

I'm a bit confused. Are you using the Dodge with the camper much? 80k on that diesel is just about broken in but even with the cost of diesel being somewhat reasonable it might not work out economically as a commuter. If you sell or trade it, would you have to eventually replace it?

AND, you should have air in your daily driver. You've been a good sport for seventeen years, start chilling out. :cool:

Ps. Nothing touches a Toyota.
Toyota made a mistake on the driver's side front drive shaft where it enters the differential. They used needle bearings and there is movement up/down/side to side...take a large screwdriver and go under and apply pressure and you will see the movement. It's a bad design and causes vibration most people won't notice or assume to be the tires. Toyota plays dumb about it. When I took it in they said wow, never heard about that, bring it in next
week for a replacement. A couple hours later they called and said to bring it in...another truck was in the shop for the same thing and that owner was out of town for a couple weeks. They lied to me. The fix of new needle bearings didn't solve the problem. :rolleyes:

Toyota made a mistake on the driver's side front drive shaft where it enters the differential. They used needle bearings and there is movement up/down/side to side...take a large screwdriver and go under and apply pressure and you will see the movement. It's a bad design and causes vibration most people won't notice or assume to be the tires. Toyota plays dumb about it. When I took it in they said wow, never heard about that, bring it in next
week for a replacement. A couple hours later they called and said to bring it in...another truck was in the shop for the same thing and that owner was out of town for a couple weeks. They lied to me. The fix of new needle bearings didn't solve the problem. :rolleyes:

Great thanks

I'm a bit confused. Are you using the Dodge with the camper much? 80k on that diesel is just about broken in but even with the cost of diesel being somewhat reasonable it might not work out economically as a commuter. If you sell or trade it, would you have to eventually replace it?

AND, you should have air in your daily driver. You've been a good sport for seventeen years, start chilling out. :cool:
Still got bout 20.000 miles before that duramax is broken in

I hope it lasts the rest of my life. I'm 70 and haven't had any problems with the Duramax. It wouldn't have that many miles on it save four or five trips to Colorado and one to Wyoming hunting.
truck.JPG

I hope it lasts the rest of my life. I'm 70 and haven't had any problems with the Duramax. It wouldn't have that many miles on it save four or five trips to Colorado and one to Wyoming hunting.
View attachment 386782
Nice that's my future dream car lol not a Lamborghini not a Ferrari a big truck and a camper that I can pull a boat and go hunting and fishing I'm GREEN WITH ENVY enjoy it

Replaced my 2003 Ram2500 with a 2015 F150 4c4. It's the small aluminium v 6, forget the size. A great work truck, carries and tows way more than a Toyota and gets 17-18 mpg.

Replaced my 2003 Ram2500 with a 2015 F150 4c4. It's the small aluminium v 6, forget the size. A great work truck, carries and tows way more than a Toyota and gets 17-18 mpg.
My Toyota is 278hp and is rated at 6800 tow capacity. The Ford is nice with the twin turbo. My brother has one.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top