JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
which one trap or skeet? two differenttypes of gun. Trap shooters prefer a longer barrel with a fairly tight choke, skeet shooters like a short barrel with a nearly cylinder bore choke.

That being said, a decent o/u will run you into the 1000 dollar range, personally I would stay away from the heavy, blocky imports offered by a few companies (generally turkish made) and concentrate on a 2 3/4" chambered gun made in japan or the U.S., after all it is for targets.

If they are outside your budget use a pump or an auto, I have known many pro shooters who would have nothing else.

the key part is to get a gun that fits you, (or make it fit you)

Thanks for the reply. I am more in the market for a gun for skeet. My dad has a Browning Citori Lightning Sporting Clays Edition. I have tried out a few, and I like the way his gun feels the best. I would like to stay towards the low end of $650 to $1000, but if something feels right, I have no problem going a little higher.

Having said that, I borrowed a Remington 1100 last weekend to shoot trap and enjoyed it (when it didn't jam up, needed maintenance).

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top