Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

New Trade Ratings System

Discussion in 'Questions, Problems, & Feedback' started by Joe Link, Dec 13, 2008.

1. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Since the site started I've been getting messages from people suggesting ways to clean up the Transaction Ratings section and make it easier to navigate. There are numerous issues with posting a new thread for each new deal, name misspellings, and other problems. We now have a much better solution, the new Trade Ratings system.

You'll notice under everyone's name in the information box the new 'Trade Ratings', then a number link. If you click on the number it'll take you to the member's trade ratings profile, where you can give and view feedback on transactions of that member.

From this point on, the old Transaction Ratings section will be closed to new threads and posts. However, I'm going to leave it up and viewable for 30 days and encourage all of you to enter your past transactions into the new system. After 30 days the Transaction Ratings section will be deleted.

For those of you concerned with privacy, this system is 100% optional. You should discuss whether or not to participate on a per transaction basis with the other party.

Enjoy :thumbup:

2. ZeroRing

ZeroRing 26th District, WA Active Member

Just completed filling one out for coctailer. Definitely a nice feature added! :thumbup:

3. PhysicsGuy

PhysicsGuy Corvallis, OR Resident Science Nut

Good idea joey

4. aflineman

aflineman Both South of Eugene and East of Portland. Active Member

Nice. They have this on Greybeards. I have to say that is probably the best way to handle feedback.
    Thank You Joey.

5. sweetbeard

sweetbeard Beavertown OreGUN! New Member

Good idea.. But now I will have to stalk everyone I traded with to give me good feedback!

THX Joey

6. ZeroRing

ZeroRing 26th District, WA Active Member

That will give you a solid reason to build up your low post count. :cool:

7. elsullo

elsullo Portland Oregon New Member

I don't get it. Could you explain in more detail? Where do we find the members we want to give feedback on? I have never seen a "members" link.......................elsullo :huh:

8. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

If you look in everyone's 'mini profile' under their name to the left, you'll see "Trade Ratings". Click on the number, then you can click "Submit Feedback For Whoever". You can also access it in the Trade Ratings tab in a users profile ;)

9. elsullo

elsullo Portland Oregon New Member

The Public Profile "Trade Ratings Tab" can only be found if you know to click the little "fast-forward" arrow at the right of their profile buttons..................elsullo

10. PhysicsGuy

Maybe this is different depending on browser or screen resolution, because I do not have to push a chevron on the profiles to see the ratings tab, (if we are talking about the same thing). This is the part of the profile I'm referring to;

11. ZombieAssassin

ZombieAssassin Oregon Member

I can't figure out how to leave a rating for someone. I'm looking at a person's profile by clicking their name, such as one in a message thread. I then click the Trade Ratings tab, but don't see any way to leave feedback.

Figured it out ... click on the little number after Trade Ratings under the person's name in a thread. You should add the same ability when viewing a profile.

12. PhysicsGuy

Hit "view all feedback for xxxxx", then "leave transaction rating for xxxxx"

13. tionico

tionico Thurston County Well-Known Member

Oh, now I have to try and remember the usernames of everyone I've dealt with, find their profiles, leave THEM new feedback.... and hope they do the same for lil ol ME...... oh well.