JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For the record I did shoot the 243 and the 25-06 today and they will put meat on the table for sure ! I just can't stand when there is something in the safe that is not ready to go so now I can sleep soundly .
Yeah between this, the sleep apnea, and job hunting.
Man I hear ya! Been stressing lately trying to get everything squared away. Got a bunch (about 5) new loads to put in the old log book and then I have a whole slough of new tests to work up. It never stops.
I need to bring two rifles to the range next time so I can shoot one while the other is cooling.

What a beaut!

Yeah if a rifle could have sex appeal, that one would rate a 10. The photo doesn't do it justice.

When I got it, I knew it looked minty, but it wasn't until I got it home and field stripped it that I realized it was still packed in cosmoline.

-E-

Last Edited:
I shoot my Imbel you have to !
Yeah if a rifle could have sex appeal, that one would rate a 10. The photo doesn't do it justice.

When I got it, I knew it looked minty, but it wasn't until I got it home and field stripped it that I realized it was still packed in cosmoline.

-E-
Yeah.. I shot my classic python. are you a collector or a shooter. And if your a collector do you want to own something and not even REALLY know what you own? Use it = appreciation in what it actually is.
Yeah they're fun to look at, they are even funner to shoot.

Yeah.. I shot my classic python. are you a collector or a shooter. And if your a collector do you want to own something and not even REALLY know what you own? Use it = appreciation in what it actually is.
Yeah they're fun to look at, they are even funner to shoot.
Part of the problem is that it's not the only 7.62 in the stable and this one can really reach out there.

-E-

20210117_095900.jpg

I bought some AR10 (DPMS Gen 1 style) components to put together 6.5CM and 308 rifles. Neither one has been started yet. Reason, laziness, lack of interest, saving for retirement, who knows.

Ashamed to admit I have three, all unfired except for the factory.
The green Hogue stocked Ruger Model 77 Hawkeye in .270 Win. that I bought when I retired over 5 years ago. Have even mounted a scope on it yet. (But I have two new ones in boxes awaiting). The black synthetic Hawkeye to the right was scoped and played with, but went down the road.
The S&W Model 28 Highway Patrolman, new in the box acquired from another member of this group a few years ago. Still resisting the temptation, but so far have just played with my well used 4 inch version and my Ruger 6" GP-100.
And one I don't even have a photo of, a brand new CZ SP-01 Tactical that my oldest son was going to buy, but I bought it out from under him so he wouldn't add to his substantial credit card debt. (I had tried to find one for myself several years earlier and settled for a P-09 instead when I couldn't find the SP-01 that I really wanted.). I told my son I wouldn't shoot it until he could pay cash for it, now I think I may just let him inherit it. It "might" still be unfired by that time. Or maybe we will take it together and run a few hundred rounds through it for Christmas this year.

Attachments

• 2207A908-CB1F-40CD-B99D-2EC8C164A227.jpeg
    2207A908-CB1F-40CD-B99D-2EC8C164A227.jpeg
    313.1 KB · Views: 30
  • 4D46EF3C-18C6-4568-A385-6D0C180B83C7.jpeg
    4D46EF3C-18C6-4568-A385-6D0C180B83C7.jpeg
    655.1 KB · Views: 35
I bought some AR10 (DPMS Gen 1 style) components to put together 6.5CM and 308 rifles. Neither one has been started yet. Reason, laziness, lack of interest, saving for retirement, who knows.
Yeah I was building mine for like 4-5 years. Has a Craddock barrel from early on. On top of that I had to buy brass dies primers powder the works because coofid.. I finally got to sling a few down range and get some once shot brass I can finally size. Looking VERY promising but too early to tell. Brass is only starline but was like .60 a peice so.. No complaints. Hopefully I'll get some lapua soon and some ablr' s or Berger's or something nice. For now I'm happy. Need to work up a load for my .308 as well. Its pretty much load work from here on out.
i have one last one to build and its been in a box for like 12 years now. But I just got it cerakoted about a month ago. Need to buck some rivets soon. But I want it nice so no real hurry.

The only gun I can think of that I haven't fired is a "Blue Whistler" revolver that I picked up at a gun show a few months back. That's only because black powder .32 rimfire ammo isn't available in any shootable quantity any more. It's just a $50 wall-hanger anyhow.

It's very rare that I have any gun more than a few days before I take it out to the range.

Well, I have bought a couple of collections the last couple years.
Most are unfired by me or anyone else.
I always wondered how old guys, could have unfired firearms?
Now I am one.

GHM is fun. I just bought 500 rounds from Cabelas and loaded up all my GHM and MPX mags full of 9mm. Yea, I didn't buy enough, I still have 3 more mags to load....
Yeah, I got a couple 1000 rd cases of 9mm ammo to try through the ghm9 just havent been out shooting yet! Now I also have a new Galil 16" Gen2 in 7.62x39 to go shoot as well....my first day out in years is gonna be epic! lol!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top