JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I almost bought one of these years ago when I had Rats showing up in the back yard. Was able to get rid of them with the neighborhood cats. Now some damn Raccoons have taken to tearing up the front and back yards. I guess looking for grubs and such. Scares me that one of our dogs may walk out there and stumble across them. Hate to have to kill them but if they don't move on I will have to order one of these to discourage the critters.

I almost bought one of these years ago when I had Rats showing up in the back yard. Was able to get rid of them with the neighborhood cats. Now some damn Raccoons have taken to tearing up the front and back yards. I guess looking for grubs and such. Scares me that one of our dogs may walk out there and stumble across them. Hate to have to kill them but if they don't move on I will have to order one of these to discourage the critters.

This one's a bit different than the gen1. Gen2 has a horizontal feed and they added fiber-optic sights.
Might be time to thin out the raccoon population there! :)

I've only put about 60 rounds through it at the moment, but so far so good.

Where I grew up, we just chased em up a tree and yelled for Pa to bring the scattergun!

No schit, true story.

Where I grew up, we just chased em up a tree and yelled for Pa to bring the scattergun!

No schit, true story.
The last time I walked out and ran into them they all ran up a tree in the back yard and just stood there looking at me. Problem of course is if I set off a gun the neighbors might take offense:D
I have a trap that would work but I would have to only use that when I was here as no doubt one of the damn dogs would get caught in the damn thing trying to take the bait :s0140:
I really don't want to shoot them but the dogs only weigh 4 pounds. If one of them grabs one it would be the end of the dog. They so far seem to go weeks and not a sign of them then one day I come home and see they have been there again. Nearest green belt in quite a way away so they have to be traveling a good way through the neighborhood to get here. Next time I have the night off I will set the camera's out there to alarm for motion and be able to see them. Might try a cheapo BB gun first. See if maybe I can dissuade them from my yard without killing the little burglars :D

The last time I walked out and ran into them they all ran up a tree in the back yard and just stood there looking at me. Problem of course is if I set off a gun the neighbors might take offense:D
I have a trap that would work but I would have to only use that when I was here as no doubt one of the damn dogs would get caught in the damn thing trying to take the bait :s0140:
I really don't want to shoot them but the dogs only weigh 4 pounds. If one of them grabs one it would be the end of the dog. They so far seem to go weeks and not a sign of them then one day I come home and see they have been there again. Nearest green belt in quite a way away so they have to be traveling a good way through the neighborhood to get here. Next time I have the night off I will set the camera's out there to alarm for motion and be able to see them. Might try a cheapo BB gun first. See if maybe I can dissuade them from my yard without killing the little burglars :D

Can't use guns here either. I have trapped and dispatched some. I battled a few mano-a-coono with a katana or a pole arm and both were very effective. Really gets the blood pumping.

Really gets the blood pumping.

And a great work-out too I bet! lol

the visual is hilarious
ninja-warrior-try.jpg

Last Edited:
Racoons can...carry a brain parasite worm transferable to dogs and humans, wear gloves.
Just saying.
I'd shoot them hate them since one tore up my bird dogs' nose and covered my wife with blood mostly from the dog.
That was what also soured me on my 17cal. rimfire. threw it out and bought a 22mag bbl.
Edit: air rifle seems really accurate. I've got a BSA? Scorpion pistol in 22 cal that I need to make a bbl.cocking piece for , might have to get it out for some testing.
nice shooting.

Last Edited:
Nearest green belt in quite a way away so they have to be traveling a good way through the neighborhood to get here.

One of my brothers lives just west of Denver and his property backs up to a east-west green belt. Of course he planted his garden next to the green belt on a south facing slope, only to have it overrun with rabbits and raccoons. His initial thought was to snipe them from his second-story deck, but found out shooting airguns was prohibited. So he started trapping them and dropping the animals off about five miles away, west of Golden. They were back in a couple days. Since then, he takes them to the hills, shoots the raccoons in the head and dumps them out of the cage.

He continues to trap rabbits, raccoons and the occasional rat but the population has dropped off considerably after two years of all out warfare on his part. He said some of the raccoons acted like they were embarrassed to be caught, while others were snarling at him, biting at the cage, etc. He ended up screwing a hook to the end of a broom stick to grab the cage and lift it to his wheelbarrow, and from there to his truck.

One of my brothers lives just west of Denver and his property backs up to a east-west green belt. Of course he planted his garden next to the green belt on a south facing slope, only to have it overrun with rabbits and raccoons. His initial thought was to snipe them from his second-story deck, but found out shooting airguns was prohibited. So he started trapping them and dropping the animals off about five miles away, west of Golden. They were back in a couple days. Since then, he takes them to the hills, shoots the raccoons in the head and dumps them out of the cage.

He continues to trap rabbits, raccoons and the occasional rat but the population has dropped off considerably after two years of all out warfare on his part. He said some of the raccoons acted like they were embarrassed to be caught, while others were snarling at him, biting at the cage, etc. He ended up screwing a hook to the end of a broom stick to grab the cage and lift it to his wheelbarrow, and from there to his truck.
Yep they can be nasty little creatures. Place we used to live they came through all the time. I thought they were cute and often fed them. The two dogs gave them a wide berth other than barking at them now and then so all lived in harmony. Then one morning I looked out the back door just in time to see one run over and grab one dog. First thing came to hand was a Maglight. I ran out started beating on the Coon who had claws hooked into dogs hind quarters. I had to wack it a few times till my dog got free and ran for the house. Had to take her to the vet to get patched up and after that I made it clear to the Raccoons they were no longer welcome. Managed to dissuade them without having to kill any that time. They would go by out house on the fence but no longer came into the yard. The air guns are illegal here too but if I have to use that option I will of course just do it where I can't be seen. Dogs we have now only weigh 4 pounds so no doubt in my mind if one got grabbed by one of them they would be dead.

Once I get a scope on it, should be able to stack those holes nicely!

But I'm so enjoying without optics, it might be awhile. :) That hooded front sight and my usual round targets makes centering a shot easier.

Pumping it is getting easier too, so either it's finally breaking in, or I'm getting buff. lol

swarmfrontsight001.jpg

More ammo, more fun!

gamoagmmorderaug2020a.jpg

Squeezed out a little over 5 more feet from the backyard range.
rangemakeover2020f.jpg

By the time I was done tho', too damn tired to shoot! lol

Thanks for hanging out virtually with me. Aim true.

f

#GOGAMO #GAMOUSA #TAGSguild #NWFA #OREGON

More ammo, more fun!
Did you find it has a decided preference for specific pellets. I bought that same pellet rifle a couple months ago from Pyramid Air. Ran several patches through the barrel and shot 40 JBS Match Diablo 15.89 gr pellets through it when I took the boys and grandsons shooting a couple weekends ago. It was hitting a steel rimfire target setup at 25 ranges no trouble, but I'll have to get some other types of pellets to do an accuracy comparison.
+

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads