JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Finally got around to putting this thing together,

PSA 9mm AR with a 10" barrel.

I plan to make it a SBR but I still need t submit the paperwork for that so for now its sporting a Thordsen cheek rest. I have not got a chance to shoot it yet as i let my local gun club
membership expire. Planning on making the move out to the Albany club.

Andy

IMG_2028_zpskxplkk8c.jpg

I have several 9 mm AR's and find them some of the most fun to shoot, I suspect you will enjoy it

Looks like a great toy, I also think they make a great home protection choice. Easier to operate during stressful situations than a handgun yet you don't have to worry about the overpowered rifle projectiles going place you don't want them.

Finally got around to putting this thing together,

PSA 9mm AR with a 10" barrel.

I plan to make it a SBR but I still need t submit the paperwork for that so for now its sporting a Thordsen cheek rest. I have not got a chance to shoot it yet as i let my local gun club
membership expire. Planning on making the move out to the Albany club.

Andy

View attachment 343678
I have a rest similar to that Thordsen and I don't care for it. I really like the Sig Brace and for the money the Shockwave Blade is terrific.

Yea there are better choices out there , but this had a couple of things going for it.
A. bolts on to a standard tube so i don't need to buy a pistol buffer tube.
B. I already owned it :)

100% legal per the ATF....

Yea the extra stock needs to go into storage.... :D

http://www.thordsencustoms.com/media/wysiwyg/ATF_Response_letter_for_AR_pistol_pack.PDF
I must not have noticed this before:
a firearm which has a short stock and is designed to be held and fired by the use of a single hand
(Emphasis mine)
Wow.

As you know, shoulder stocks normally attach to the receiver of a shoulder-fired firearm. However, in the case of an AR- t)?e, it attaches to the receiver extension, commonly referred to as the buffer tube. A shoulder stock provides a means for the shooter to support the firearm and easily aim it. With respect to a saddle/cheek piece, the submitted
devices is an accessory attachment desigred to enhance the "cheek weld" of an ARtype rifle shoulder stock or AR-type pistol buffer tube by widening the profile of its outer dimensions. As received, the submitted (3) three items are not "firearms" as defined in the Gun Control Act of 1968; 18 U.S.C. 921 (a)(3).

Saddle devices designed for "cheek enhancement" generally would not change a pistol's classification to a "shorl-barreled rifle." FTISB finds that the submitted saddle devices are not designed to support the AR type pistol in the shoulder of the shooter during firing but, rather, to rest against the shooter's cheek.

Nice. Thanks for the info!

Looks good!

I just built an AR-9 using Glock mags with an 8.5 bbl and love it so far as it is cheaper to shoot and just plain fun.

I hope you enjoy it.

I bought a RRA dedicated 9mm AR with the intention of SBR and suppressing it. Put an eotech on it and have had so much fun shooting it as is, I never got around to the SBR and suppressor.
I need to get off my backside and do it soon though.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top